Author Topic: Welcome Kamooki Lures  (Read 6691 times)

Offline Iceshanty

• Admin
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Unwilling to leave the fish I have not caught yet
Welcome Kamooki Lures
« on: Nov 04, 2015, 10:40 AM »
Please give an iceshanty welcome to Kamooki Lures.

Get ready to fish like you have never fished before! SmartFish™ is engineered with patented technology to deliver the most versatile presentation with every cast. The power is in your hands to SmartFish™ your way.

https://www.kamooki.ca/

The Kamooki SmartFish™ features a smooth, laterally compressed bait fish body, and assumes a natural head-down, tail-up profile when its unique, precision engineered zinc keel rests on any structure.
When retrieved, the SmartFish™ displays a tight vibrating action with accentuated side to side tail wag motion. When the SmartFish™ is vertically jigged, it vibrates as the rod tip is raised and slowly flutters down when the rod tip is dropped – all the while tracing forward in a circular pattern.
The astonishing properties of the SmartFish™ are all utilized when fishing bottom structure. Bounce it along the bottom from one point to the next, allowing the bait to truly hug the contour being fished.
The single treble hook design attached to the tail, coupled with the constant vertical position, make the SmartFish™ remarkably snag-resistant.

What's cooler than being cool? Ice cold

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>                                
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((º> 
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><(((((((((º>

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Re: Welcome Kamooki Lures
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2015, 02:31 PM »
Welcome Kamooki Lures .     :bow:

Great design and pattern range.      :o

Offline Kamooki

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2015, 04:03 PM »
Welcome Kamooki Lures .     :bow:

Thanks, Gator!  You're the first to say hi, and that nets you a free lure -- as long as you post pics of the walleye you ice with it!  What pattern of SmartFish 3.0 would you like, and where do we send it?  PM me with details and we'll set you up!

Kamooki

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2015, 04:17 PM »
Looks like a really interesting profile, I'd be interested to see how these work. Do any of the major retailers carry them?

Offline Kamooki

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2015, 07:11 PM »
Looks like a really interesting profile, I'd be interested to see how these work. Do any of the major retailers carry them?

They're everywhere in Canada at this point, but on the U.S. side they're available at the Bismarck and Fargo Scheels locations (instore only, not online), plus you can google them and find them through a number of U.S. online retailers.  We'll have a much better idea regarding U.S. dealers once our distributors send us distribution lists for ice fishing orders (that should happen in a few weeks). If you have a favorite retailer, regardless of their size, where you would like to buy a SmartFish, PM us the dealer name and we'll get in touch with them asap!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #5 on: Nov 04, 2015, 10:20 PM »
Welcome and thanks for sponsoring the sight

Offline perch_stalker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2015, 02:04 PM »
Welcome to the Shanty!

I watched quite a few of the videos on your YouTube channel, and I'm quite impressed by the action and the look of the lures! I'll more than likely be ordering a few of them in the near future! I plan on using them for both Walleyes and Smallmouth Bass.

What colors seem to be the best fish producers?

Offline pisces

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2015, 07:41 PM »
Welcome, thanks for being a sponsor. I just happen to see that you are a  new sponsor . I didn't recognize the name so I clicked on the link. Very Cool.

Offline P Meyette

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 05, 2015, 07:42 PM »
welcome to the shanty

Offline Kamooki

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 06, 2015, 12:04 PM »
Welcome to the Shanty!   I watched quite a few of the videos on your YouTube channel, and I'm quite impressed by the action and the look of the lures! I'll more than likely be ordering a few of them in the near future! I plan on using them for both Walleyes and Smallmouth Bass.  What colors seem to be the best fish producers?

"Best" pattern is usually a function of the species you're targeting and local forage, but if you're chasing walleye I'd go after the SmartFish in Natural Perch, Green Tiger, Glow Tiger, Orange Tiger, or Walleye Pattern (that pattern is an excellent "general species" pattern).

Best smallmouth patterns have the same caveats (local forage base, etc), but my favorites are SmartFish in Bluegill, Crimson Tiger, Green Tiger, Glow Tiger, and Walleye, and SmartCraws in Inferno, Black Fury, Cayenne, Envy, and Cobalt Crunch (molting pattern). 

Key between these two lures is although they CAN be worked identically, work them like the minnow imitation or crayfish imitation they are -- SmartFish as a standard lipless rattling crankbait, or with longer pulls between pauses, SmartCraw as a "hopping" bait across bottom, or as a standard lipless rattling crankbait but as close to bottom as possible.  In a pinch, in turbid or low light water, they can double for each other, but in gin clear water in the last few inches of a rush where sight takes over from lateral line response, having a pattern that "feels" right to the bass or walleye might matter.  All of that stated, in low light, turbid water, or fast water where predators have to respond in a split second, use whichever you have in your box.  I've used SmartCraws on steelhead in fast water, and they work beautifully!

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 07, 2015, 11:00 AM »
Those look really cool, a must have as soon as I can get one. Or two, three..... ;D Thanks for sponsoring.

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 09, 2015, 01:16 PM »
Welcome, and thank-you Kamooki Lures.  I'll be ordering real soon! Happy fishing, jeff

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #12 on: Nov 12, 2015, 05:41 PM »
Welcome Kamookie lures. ;D
I have already picked up 2 of the smartfish (bluegill & orange tiger) for this up coming ice fishing season. 
I like the way they sit up on bottom, should be good for bottom pounding fish. :)

The new smartcraws look neat also. @)

WW

Offline pot-belly-perch

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2015, 12:43 PM »
wow-dee-dow

Looking good they  are
smile it makes others wonder what your up to

Ye Old Big Hammer   you use the rite tool for the rite job   when in dout ye old big hammer

Offline trundog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 17, 2015, 07:39 AM »
Welcome Kamookie lures!!!

Offline Walleyes at heart

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 31, 2015, 09:19 AM »
Nice to see a Canadian company , and from Alberta to boot

I seen a few of your lures at wholesale sports in Edmonton , I was thinking of getting one to test out for walleyes this winter through the ice , the staff @ WS was no help at all to me

I'm from Lloyd and none in this town , just got back from 3 days on Tobin , man I wish I had a couple for that trip ,

Have you got people fishing them through the ice with success for walleyes , I'm going to be fishing lots this winter all over Alberta and sask ,

Offline yankmyline

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2016, 01:35 PM »
Great looking lures. Are they plastic or metal?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.