Author Topic: Frabill Recon Remodel  (Read 28088 times)

Offline nadamamasboy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Frabill Recon Remodel
« Reply #60 on: Jan 25, 2019, 01:17 PM »
I know this is an old thread but there are some great tips here for sure, thank you!

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Jan 26, 2019, 05:47 PM »
Thanks! Hope it helps some folks out! I've done similar mods to my Recruit that I picked up over the summer

Catchin' Fish

Offline Scotty83

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Feb 12, 2020, 08:23 AM »
Hey.  I have a recon and love it.  I'm gonna try some of your mods on mine.  I was just wondering if you have tried anything to help with wind issues.  When the wind hits the back it lifts the front up off the ice.  I wind up sitting with my feet on the side rails like im in a recliner just to hold it down lol.  Ive seen someone one youtube who lined the edges of the canvas with chain to keep the wind out.  Im trying to devise a bracket that will flip over the rail on the sides, kind of like the wind break brackets.  If you have any ideas id love to hear them.  Thanks.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Feb 12, 2020, 03:09 PM »
This is what demonstrates what a great country we live in. MAGA.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 09, 2021, 03:18 PM »
Inspired! I don't use my Recon much, but I need something to do indoors until this COVID thing is over. I have the factory trunk seat option, but that is not a good use of the space, at least for me. Going downstairs to start the remodel. If any of you that followed the original thread came up with any changes or good ideas, let me know!

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 09, 2021, 04:13 PM »
Dang! I just realized my Recon is put together different. The bows are on the inside of the brackets, except for the first one. Can't copy the rear support for the seat platform. I looked on line, and mine matches what I saw there. Did they change the design from when this original post was made?

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Jan 09, 2021, 05:02 PM »
Dang! I just realized my Recon is put together different. The bows are on the inside of the brackets, except for the first one. Can't copy the rear support for the seat platform. I looked on line, and mine matches what I saw there. Did they change the design from when this original post was made?

I just checked mine, which I bought 7 years ago and mine are on the outside. Did you put yours together or did it come already assembled? If assembled it's possible that it was put together incorrectly. You might want to try and put them on the outside and see if that works.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Jan 09, 2021, 05:08 PM »
I put mine together, but I looked at other videos on line, and mine is per instructions. It looks like it sound work either way, but I was wondering about making another change: I feel like there is barely enough room with the seat all the way forward to set the hook. I almost want to try and make a seat that can slide back and forth, like my storage tub can do now, and see where I prefer it before I bolt it down hard.
I assume you have no trouble with your seat where it is- any times you wish you could sit further back and maybe put your feet inside the tub so they don't consume fishable space? Any issues you think I will have if I sit further back?

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Jan 09, 2021, 05:39 PM »
I put mine together, but I looked at other videos on line, and mine is per instructions. It looks like it sound work either way, but I was wondering about making another change: I feel like there is barely enough room with the seat all the way forward to set the hook. I almost want to try and make a seat that can slide back and forth, like my storage tub can do now, and see where I prefer it before I bolt it down hard.
I assume you have no trouble with your seat where it is- any times you wish you could sit further back and maybe put your feet inside the tub so they don't consume fishable space? Any issues you think I will have if I sit further back?

Mine came with a three legged ball buster chair. I normally would position it with the front leg over of the tub. But could move it back if necessary. The chair didn't hold up and I have been using a 6 gallon bucket. I have also used an old aluminum lawn chair. But the back leans too far back. So I have not really found a chair that I am happy with.  So I continue to use my bucket with a padded lid.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.