The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Question -With ice fishing season extended till the 21st of April...  (Read 1870 times)

Offline cap

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
...does that mean permanent shacks can stay out till then, too?

Offline Keychain

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Don't yell FLAG, yell KEYCHAIN!!!
I would think so.  Current law doesn't have a date associated with removal, just "after the close of the ice fishing season"

§12661. Ice fishing shacks
1. Prohibitions and requirements.  A person who owns any shack or temporary structure used for ice fishing:
A. Must remove or cause to be removed the shack or structure on the ice of any inland waters prior to the earlier of the date of ice out or 3 days after the close of the ice fishing season established pursuant to section 12454; or [2015, c. 301, §39 (AMD).]
B. [2009, c. 214, §12 (RP).]
C. Shall have painted on the outside of the shack or structure in 2-inch letters the owner's name and address when the shack or structure is on the ice of any inland waters. [2003, c. 614, §9 (AFF); 2003, c. 655, Pt. B, §283 (AMD); 2003, c. 655, Pt. B, §422 (AFF).]
[ 2015, c. 301, §39 (AMD) .]

Offline Bosshog

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice job Keychain, I would agree with that 100 percent,.... 75 percent of the time  ;D, I would check with the local game wardens in the northern regions just to get their feel on it though, just to make sure. Thanks again Keychain, (Honestly)!
Bait goes on the hook... hook goes in the water...smelt is in the water...OUR SMELT!!!

Offline Keychain

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Don't yell FLAG, yell KEYCHAIN!!!
Yeah, I'm sure it could be argued that "pursuant to section 12454..." means the normally established end date and does not apply to an extension, so yeah, probably the best bet is to check with a local warden since he/she is the one who would be writing a ticket if it's a violation.  :)

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yeah, I'm sure it could be argued that "pursuant to section 12454..." means the normally established end date and does not apply to an extension, so yeah, probably the best bet is to check with a local warden since he/she is the one who would be writing a ticket if it's a violation.  :)

I thought the same thing.

Offline 9huskies

• Team IceShanty Maniac
When the season was extended a few years ago some shacks were left on the ice. Nobody I know was ticketed for it.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Time for portable shacks and wind breaks.

Offline tipman14

• Team IceShanty Addict
If you stretch it to long they maybe consider permanent shacks for sure.
I’m here for the cusk !!!!

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
warm enough now you don't need a shack anyway. i took mine off a few weeks ago so i didn't have to worry about getting it off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.