Author Topic: Miners bay report  (Read 1231 times)

Offline jeffw

• Team IceShanty Regular
Miners bay report
« on: Feb 22, 2007, 03:53 PM »
I took out my sisters boyfriend today as he had never icefished before. We got to miners bay at 10 is and fished till 4:30. We were fishing in about 70ft and ended up catching two in the slot with a ton of misses. All fish were caught on a swivel split shot and a large minnow.
Cheers Jeff

Offline mcwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Miners bay report
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2007, 06:24 PM »
good stuff Jeff!

Offline Icepuppy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2007, 08:15 PM »
Good stuff, caught quite a few in the slot this season in Haliburton, last week we caught a 26" 6+ pounder, nice fish.

Offline contaucreek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2007, 04:28 PM »
Just came home from work and as I was driving by saw a truck out on the ice,not the first one this week.Dont know that I would take the risk with the lousy ice conditions this year so avoid temptation to drive out ! Just my opinion ! Got a 20 incher from the top end of gull last sat. Paul.

Offline jeffw

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2007, 05:24 PM »
I have been pretty lucky with only about a third of fish being caught were in the slot. I fished deep bay on tuesday for two hours and caught a small one thats perfect for the pan. I actually just got of the ice at innisfil and not even a sniff after two and a half hours. I think that the high pressure system has turned the bite off today. Going fishing for rainbows on sun so will try and post my results on mon.
Cheers Jeff

Offline Icepuppy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2007, 09:01 AM »
Are you guys using mostly minnows or plastics/lures?  I've been using almost exclusively minnows.  I find the bite is hot from whenever you get there (7am for me) to noon, then it drops of and I haven't stayed late into the afternoon since I'm on foot and I don't want to be out after dark with no sled/light.

Offline contaucreek

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2007, 01:18 PM »
Minnows and a split shot or two.Off bottom in 65 feet.Bought the HT wire tip attatchments and they are a great indicator ! Small minnows seem better than the bigger shiners. I hook mine towards the tail to keep them swimming.No big secrets, Paul

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.