Author Topic: A fishing report..  (Read 1271 times)

Offline minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ahh memories !!!!
A fishing report..
« on: Feb 14, 2007, 12:15 PM »
YES i finally have a report!!!
Hit Longpoint Bay on Sunday with Mr. Minnow and my good friend Gobbler!

Woke up early Sunday morning and picked up Gobbler..... And then we were on our way to the bay! It was great to be out on the ice. We without ice here last season so it was good to be out on our home waters!

Setting up the portable shelters was a bit difficult in the high winds. Gobbler and I set up the clam froze it to the ice and started fishing... Mr. Minnow aka brave1 was on his own with his shelter lol

It was not long till we looked out and could no longer see shore...or the huts near us. No worries....... we had all day to wait for it to clear..and it did!

The bite was slow we were catching them one at a time.  They were biting very soft. we could barely tell they were there. even the bigger ones. There was not a quantity of fish but the quality was good. only a couple tossed back.  we each caught at least one mud puppy..or the same one kept coming back.  Even though i put them down a hole far away!

It sure is slippery out there, cleats are a must if you are going to do any walking.

Brought home enough for a nice dinner
Here is what the 3 of us have to show for a great day out on the ice!!
heading out again the first chance I get!!!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Re: A fishing report..
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2007, 02:55 PM »
I want a Mud Puppy!!!!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Grimace

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ive Had It
« Reply #2 on: Feb 14, 2007, 05:29 PM »
Good stuff. It must have been nice to get out on the ice after such a long time

Offline minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ahh memories !!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2007, 06:48 PM »
Come on down Germ. I can put you on the mudpuppies!! ;D

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2007, 03:59 PM »
Well maybe we could start a puppy pound:> Teach thme how to fetch roll over play dead?
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline walleye hunters

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2007, 02:41 PM »
looks like you had a good day! nice job

BEEN WISHIN TO DO SOME HARD WATER FISHIN

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.