Author Topic: Another Simcoe Laker / Whittie report (incase you haven't seen it) PICS  (Read 2016 times)

Offline last5oh_302

• Team IceShanty Regular
This guy seems to be doing fine. I'm hoping to hit Simcoe next weekend

I took this from another board:

We usually catch plenty of lakers and whitefish. Not that hard really, it just takes time to learn. My family loves to eat fish and would eat it for lunch and dinner if they could...lol.

Here are some pics

Three guys fishing

Four guys fishing, slow day for lakers

Two guys fishing, another slow laker day

Four guys fishing, this time we were skunked no lakers in this pic

Offline ravinerat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well that's a mess of fish. That last pic looks like some of those are Herring. I could be wrong.  I'll be out tomorrow.

RR
Be safe, Float!

Offline last5oh_302

• Team IceShanty Regular
Well that's a mess of fish. That last pic looks like some of those are Herring. I could be wrong.  I'll be out tomorrow.

RR

Yeah, I doubt they are Herring. The dude that posted this report seems like a knowledgable guy.

You know him I believe, RR. His handle is Vanselena? (sp?) or something close to that.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Herring Are very close in looks AS Im sure your Aware To Whities lol...
Hard to see THe mouth In the Pics though eh... And consider the Ontario record is somewhere Near  4 pounds....      hmmmm LOL Though i dont THink Vans would have Taken a Herring :>
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline ravinerat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yup he knows better. As I said it was just the way the pic looked. We have been hooking into more of them each year in kempenfelt bay. It is getting to be a pain.

RR
Be safe, Float!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
Ya i Hit one Last year on a williams though i knew it was a herring right away becasue i was about 25 feet up... And when i seemn it when i wsa bringing it up i thought no way a Whity is that far up lol

I mean Iv'e never caught one Every more then 1-3  from the bottom SO... the math told me it was a herring:>
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline last5oh_302

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yepper, I haven't caught a lot of Whities because I've only ice fished Simcoe half a dozen times or so, but any Whitties I did catch were average 5 lb's.

The Herring I've caught had a noticeably different mouth being closer to the front of their head, and like you mentioned, they were much smaller, and were suspended far from the bottom.

Offline RHYBAK

• IceShanty Rookie
LOL  RavineRat....
Those were my first thoughts also.
But I too agree. Vans Knows his fish too well to take herring by mistake.

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
looks ike a hell of a trip anyway. I hope to one day make it to the legendary simcoe
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks for the great photos. You have inspired me. All I have ever heard about Simco was the Perch fishing stories. Now I see the other fisheries that exist there. Definately worth booking a trip one year. If the Perch are not biting, then we can chase Lakers and Whities! Thanks again!

Offline pikeie

• IceShanty Rookie
i have been carching more and more herring this year, anywhere from 1-2 lbs, a guy fishing next to me got a 3+ lbs herring. i have been catchin them when fishin deep water perch the most.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.