Author Topic: simcoe  (Read 18653 times)

Offline Kirk

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: simcoe
« Reply #60 on: Jan 24, 2007, 01:12 PM »
im goin to be perchin next monday boys ive booked again with whitey. will anybody be fishing near us monday? ??? :tipup:
No ice too thick....lets go perchin!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #61 on: Jan 24, 2007, 05:48 PM »
Depends on what you mean by next monday... You mean the one coming up>? or the one after? LOL my wife and myself always have this  mix up she says next monday i say this mondya coming but sometimes she means the one after this monday coming... ANyhow what the date>? ANd yes Ill probable be fishing on the lake near u somewhat!! North of whiteys huts though  by like 5 mins on a sled 8 mins by car. ANyhoow TIght lines all and FYI was FIshing off the pumphouse today and there was like 5 inches at least of Black Ice where i was a couple hundred yards out. ANyhow TIght lines all and becareful out there and dont be silly!!! TIght lines! Oh ya sorry the got out at 2:00 oclock and the bottom was just littered with perch Ont he camera the higher i had it off the groud the better they hit lol... Just love the aqua-vu:>:> TIght lines all!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline Kirk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 24, 2007, 09:31 PM »
hey germ im goin this monday the 29th. whitey called me tday with an update. he is still pulling huts out of storage and says ice should be plenty thick by monday. he also has 12 firefighters from the states booked for monday so me and my brother/dad/grandfather wont be on our own. hey germ u can come visit us if your having a slow day ;)

Offline skundl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 24, 2007, 09:33 PM »
kirk, bunch of us coming up from ny sun and mon with whitely, see you there.

Offline skundl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Jan 24, 2007, 09:35 PM »
kirk, I'll be with the firefighters sun and mon, names Steve look me up.

Offline gaw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION TODAY
« Reply #65 on: Jan 25, 2007, 07:01 AM »
Does anyone know what happened to the Lake Simcoe Fishing message board websight. Thanks in advance.

Offline Kirk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Jan 25, 2007, 10:09 AM »
ok ill look around for you Steve. ill be with my dad brother n grandfather. and Gaw im pretty pissed about the simcoe message board, now its garbage not even a forum ??? >:(

Offline skundl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Jan 25, 2007, 01:03 PM »
I used to read it every day, enjoyed the ice condiitons by Whitey and a couple of others.  There was a lot of info on the site.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Jan 25, 2007, 04:01 PM »
Yes i myself wsa also looking for the site... I dont know what the situation is with it if they are currently working on a message forum or what.. or if it was just sold.. who knows anyhow If any guys who frequent it or Know info about eh lake that i dont can u plese Post accurate postings! As per my knowledge the ICe On the south side of the bay is pretty damm thick now guys moving all sorts of huts sleds out there and atv's in the Pike perch grounds south of Crates marina. THe north part near roches point and pump house on 6 inches of Black ICe... Now i dont know how far accross but at least we have that ... HOpeing big chev 4x4 will grace us with his presence again and give us a Up to date On the thickness in the lake as a whole... Ill try and keep my end up by talking to outfitters all around so we can get a more accruate understanding of the overall thickness of SImcoe! ANyhow guys Im sure ill see lots of you out there This weekend as it Is going to be nice out there:>:> ill be fishing saturday and sunday" TIght lines all!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline martini4545

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Jan 26, 2007, 12:55 PM »
Hey guys,
Seems a truck is through the Ice (on the shore line) at Cooks Bay :o. Water is pooling at the main entry point for people and huts. Could make for a slippery or even wet venture this week-end.
Be safe

Offline Kirk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Jan 26, 2007, 01:05 PM »
i remember last year several cars and trucks that parked on the ice went through because of a guy drilling holes in the area where they parked  :o :wacko:

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #71 on: Jan 26, 2007, 04:50 PM »
Fishontario is agood place to look. SOme operators are starting to put out huts.
good luck let us know how ya did!!
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #72 on: Jan 26, 2007, 07:18 PM »
Well Germ, whats up over there? We might bring the hut out this weekend. ;D ;D ;D

Offline mcwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #73 on: Jan 27, 2007, 06:56 AM »
Hey guys,
Seems a truck is through the Ice (on the shore line) at Cooks Bay :o. Water is pooling at the main entry point for people and huts. Could make for a slippery or even wet venture this week-end.
Be safe

i went out from Gilford yesterday around 2PM.  and yeah a truck did go in about 30' from shore.  a little messy gettin there so ya gotta walk around the heaved part.  just follow the shore about 100 ft and you're good to go.

went out with my 11 yr old daughter.  she caught her first fish and she ended up icing 6 or so.  marked'em while we out on the vex.  pulled up 30 or so and kept 6 for a little fry up. 

5-6" of good black ice in 24 FOW. 

have fun and be safe!

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #74 on: Jan 27, 2007, 07:36 AM »
Thanks Mcwoody, maybe we'll just walk out this weekend. I guess if you live south of number 7 hwy. 5 or 6 inches will hold a pickup. :o ??? :o ???

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Jan 27, 2007, 12:08 PM »
Sorry guys just havent been on :>:> Was out there this AM well got a late start got out there at 9:00 and couldnt keep them off my line.. so i went bigger in lures and still they kept hitting and hitting... Lots of lil DInks though and with the DEpth we were in had to wacth so they wouldnt puke out their air bags... Anyhow the BIte is HOte and the wind is cold...:"> Good time to fish right now guys so book it and get ur butts out there:"> I was on 6 and a half inches of SOlid Black ICE. Lots of ATV's and SLeds Tight lines evereone!

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #76 on: Jan 27, 2007, 03:50 PM »
Shounds good man, we'll be out in the am. Talked to lots of guys coming in today, good numbers but not big.

Offline Kirk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Jan 27, 2007, 06:17 PM »
hey Germ were you using the old jighead and minnow? ;)

Offline krustydawg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bucket of Guts
« Reply #78 on: Jan 27, 2007, 09:08 PM »
hey Germ were you using the old jighead and minnow? ;)

I bet he was using the Simcoe Bug tipped with a gulp grub  ;D

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Jan 28, 2007, 04:34 PM »
Well Krusty That is exactly what i used Minus the TIpped part they were hitting on everything out there.. without any maggots lol . I had a beer cap (wobbly pop lure i made myself) they hit on that they were hitting the williams they were trying to get spoons that were way to big for them they were coming up 20 Feet from the bottom  When i looked at the aqua-vu there was like  a funnel of perch all around the lures lol... The bite is hot right now THough to this ill add that i havent Really Seen ANy jumbo's yet... I got tired of taking perch of my line (yes i said it ) SO we started fishing to see if we could see ANy action from the lakers And the perch still tried to take the williams 25 feet off the bottom... Stubbern lil buggers. Anyhow guys come out and get the Action while it is hot!!! TIght lines!!!

Offline Kirk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Jan 28, 2007, 04:37 PM »
thanks for the report Germ ;D ill be fishin keswick torrow ill be sure to let all u guys know how i make out o ya and IM PUMPED :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #81 on: Jan 28, 2007, 06:02 PM »
Alright let me have it. The guy that was gonna pull the hut out backed out, and the wind was just too dam cold on sunday.Maybe next weekend  >:( ;)

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #82 on: Jan 28, 2007, 07:48 PM »
Damm ROad TOad i look over at your side of the lake and all i see Is huts everywhere man lol... And Dang the bite is like ALmost annoying... and even more so when your looking thru the Aqua-vu We have done all sorts of views on that the up down view the side view the  follow the jig around view... ALmost funny to see them like that ... anyhow Gang was  HOt for perch out there but Tommorow im gonna bait for whities in the hut and See what happens:> My problem though right now is the Spreaders.... Those PErch will hit everything and i almsot want them not to be there... so DOnt know what im gonna do bout that lol Any advice from anyone???  Maybe Just use the Meggs? Or the larger meggs to keep the perch off... though at this point in time they have been hitting eveything... WOuld be hard not to limit out within 1-2 hours nps out there.. Took me more time to get my line down then it took me to have one on... Like i said i turnd off the Aqua-vu because it was already easy enough to hook them and i only had it on to check for whities for the most part.

Anyhow gang TIght lines And good luck out there... And even though ive Seen people parking out there... DOnt do it yet gang! Let it freeze a lil more will you? THe ICE isnt safe enough for vehicles Out there... to many people Make that mistake then start to park in  one location it isnt fun to try and get your floating vehicle out of the ice:>:> TIght lines!

grumpymoe

« Reply #83 on: Jan 28, 2007, 08:13 PM »
great report theRE GeRm......sure WoUld LikE to sEe soMe piCs of the PeRCh hanGing onTo youR FinGers lmAo.....lets get Er doNe.....GruMp  ;D ;D  P.s....I caN wAit foR thE WhitEies...... ;D ;D

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Jan 29, 2007, 02:01 PM »
LOL grump yes i Know my typing skills have capitals where there shouldnt be lol (making fun of me like that lol) ANyhow :>:> Ill try and get some pics next time im out:>:> Tight lines all!!

Offline ravinerat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Jan 29, 2007, 04:58 PM »
Good stuff Germ. I haven't made it down to Cooks and now that the Whitie grounds are ready I'm a go. I really need to learn how to fish Perch properly as it's part of the CIFC. Keep the info comming.

RR
Be safe, Float!

Offline matty_5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Jan 29, 2007, 05:04 PM »
Hey all. Im new to the forum so i just wanna start with a hello.

I've been following the forum for a while now and finally decided to register, now that I finally got out on the ice this year. I used to fish a few times a year with my father off Virginia Beach and Jackson's point, but this past saturday was actually the first time in about 4 years that I have actually made it out.

The bite was insane....just like Germ said, the perch were almost getting to be annoying. It was fun for the first hour but then it was more like work just to keep the small ones off the hook. So my question is, are the jumbos that I used to catch a thing of the past? It was common to end up with a dozen jumbos after just a couple hours when I used togo with my father. I mean, I pulled out about 50 within a couple hours on saturday and I only kept 5 of them....just enough for a small meal :-\ . Is there somewhere thats  a touch more productive in terms of size that is still within a reasonable distance?

As well, there was a ton of huts out towards the eastern side of Georgina Island as usual. Ive personally never fished that far away from the beach seeing as I usually just walk out, but I think im gonna make the trek this thursday morning and see what happens. From what I understand there is a big dropoff around there?  I usually just use spreaders on my tip ups and then sit in the hut and jig away with small jigs. Im just wondering if anyone can give me any tips as to how I should be fishing that point? Keep in mind that I do not have any electronics so Im basically playing the guessing game when Im out there. I just want to have the feeling of hooking something other than a 5 oz perch, whether it be a walleye, laker, whitey, pike.....im not picky.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
MATTY

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #87 on: Jan 29, 2007, 05:22 PM »
Kiss my --- Germ, lol. It was nuts out there, people all over it really looked like a town out there from shore. That pickup that went through really has thing messed up over here.If I can't get my 4 wheeler guy this weekend after I get out of the big house I'll pull it out with my teeth ;D

Offline minnow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ahh memories !!!!
« Reply #88 on: Jan 29, 2007, 06:34 PM »
Nice to hear about success on Simcoe..It can be quite a rush when they just won't stay off the line..Hope a school of jumbo's swim your way!!

Gobbler is chomping at the bit to Head up to Lake Simcoe this weekend!
I hope to out on ice closer to home Saturday or Sunday, she will have to be happy with that!!

Now if we get skunked I will be in deep @#$*!

Well Grump....germs ice reports, friendly manner and fishing skills are GREAT...But I don't think his typing technique will ever change! ;)  LOL ;D ;D It is part of who he is!

and besides if he ever tries to sneak off to another board and give them the ice reports we will know it is him!!!

TiGht LiNes
Minnow

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Jan 29, 2007, 10:33 PM »
LOl it is totally who i am i dont even know that i even hit the Key to make the capitols to when i read it lol Oh well anhow... I Road toad it is insane and i hope you make it out before  the first ice (lol) dies down...  It really is insane with all the Perch... Now in regards to the Other Perch (jumobos/.... They ar eout there but what you have to do is target for them... when all the small perch are there throw on a biggger Bait... aka simcore creeeprs in the crapiefish size or something like that.... If ytou watch on the aqua-vu when they get horsed up and lil ones are attacking ghe big ones come right in... it is really quite the site... RIght now i would say the average is like 6 inch with a ratio of like 10 inch one in veery 15-20,, and 11 inch like one in very 40... and so.. on it snt a science byt jusyt a more accurte guesss becasue there SO many hitting ur line....//////// ANyhow just my location!!! TIght lines all!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.