Author Topic: simcoe  (Read 18654 times)

Offline icefishermandave

• IceShanty Rookie
  • i do!!!!
simcoe
« on: Jan 08, 2007, 04:35 PM »
went to simcoe yesterday in beaverton and it was a big waste of time (no ice) we fished all day and caught 14 dinkie little perch i was kinda disapointed tho cause my buddy who goes there all the time said we would catch lots it was my first time and probably my last.           heres one of the bigger ones pretty sad eh? 
fishing isn't a matter of life and death its much more important!!!

Offline Hijinks

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The greatest international fisherman.
Re: simcoe
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2007, 05:34 PM »
That's what you get from fishing from shore. Wait till it ices up and head out. You'll do much better.
2023 - Doing a "food Sled" on Chautauqua with just my wild game food for purchase. Venison, Bear, Elk, Moose, and Boar. Weekends.
2022 - Featured in Jan In-Fisherman Magazine
2019- MVP of Flag Football over 65 league
1992 - 2022 Voted the best Ice Angler in Upstate
2020 - NY Times Best Seller for Propane Crockpot Book
2017 - Iceshanty.com Hall of Fame Inductee
2016 - Voted Best Grandpa in Upstate NY again.
2018 - Donated 1MM to Help Rebuild Afrikan Nation
2019 - Developed own line of jigging lures named after local businesses. Revenue of $289K first 3 months.
2022 - Micro-dehydrating propane cookbook debut on Amazon

Offline slimechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Who ya gonna call?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2007, 05:37 PM »
That's what you get from fishing from shore. Wait till it ices up and head out. You'll do much better.

Prolly neither of ya ever thought you'd be saying what you've said here today in January!

I'm on st clair, we only had two weeks to fish it last year and it never locked up :'(

Maybe next year?
Official Capt Ahab of the MIRC - "thar she blows"  
 Got nymph?   Some days your the bug and some days your the windshield.

Offline icefishermandave

• IceShanty Rookie
  • i do!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2007, 05:57 PM »
ya thats what we were saying we feel foolish we locked up the boat :-[
fishing isn't a matter of life and death its much more important!!!

Offline jimski2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2007, 06:49 AM »
Plenty of small fish mean good fishing in the future.
You can not take too many perch, unless you can not clean them, give them to your friends and neighbors to clean and cook. The more perch you take, the faster and bigger the rest  will grow. The walleyes and bass will survive from fry to fingerlings.

Offline chaoticfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2007, 02:35 PM »
I guess you never thought of them as food for the big Walleye that cruise there?

Offline ravinerat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2007, 09:10 PM »
Sorry you had such a bad time on Simcoe. If there is no ice you'd really need a boat. Worse comes to worse there is always Barrie Marina for Perch. Right now everyone is hitting the Whitie grounds.

RR
Be safe, Float!

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take what you want from what i post.
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2007, 09:34 AM »
And dont worry in less then 2 weeks people will be ice fishing on SImcoe ! with that minus 20 something weather were supposed to have... Dollers to donuts there will be ice on the lake (at least in the bay!)
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2007, 10:27 AM »
Hope your right Germ  :) My Simcoe plans changed pretty quick a few weeks ago...Now if there is any ice I will me making a last minute trip up your way...It's all depends on the weather  :unsure:
Andrew

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2007, 12:42 PM »
Well i usually report quite frequently on the Ice condtions and the fishing conditons as i live 4 houses up from the lake:> So Just keep your eyes posted on these threads... ALready checked the lake this morning to see what was going on with the minus weather we have been having at night and there is some ice forming right at the south end.. Nothing to walk on yet but at least thast where it starts:>:> aNyhow ill keep ya informed on the events taking place on the lake::> TIght lines all!!!
Please don't take offense to Germ's |Posts they are in no way shape or Form ...Ment to discredit or Discourage any other peoples post's..Please take Germ with a grain of salt and Rememeber it is all ment in good fun and if you Would like something changed on a post of mine mesage me ill fix it

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2007, 03:26 PM »
Thanks Germ  ;D
Andrew

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2007, 08:38 PM »
Alright Germ keep them reports coming....I have rebooked my over night rental for the 27th and Im liking this cold weather

Offline pikeie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 14, 2007, 09:50 PM »
hey tip up, if u decide to make ur way down to simcoe this year send me a pm and we will see if we can hook up :) . would really like to get out with u guys lol.

Offline wojo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2007, 04:52 AM »
Well i usually report quite frequently on the Ice condtions and the fishing conditons as i live 4 houses up from the lake:> So Just keep your eyes posted on these threads... ALready checked the lake this morning to see what was going on with the minus weather we have been having at night and there is some ice forming right at the south end.. Nothing to walk on yet but at least thast where it starts:>:> aNyhow ill keep ya informed on the events taking place on the lake::> TIght lines all!!!
Hey Germ how about a ice report ?? Have plans for 1/26 on Simcoe ?? What do you think ? Will it be safe to fish by then ?

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 17, 2007, 03:02 PM »
Well I went out on simcoe Today, after heading out about 15 feet i turned back, i had poked 3 holes by this time and water was rising up onto the snow, thers a air pocket inbetween the ice layer and the snow on top crated insulation so, im going to personally wait at least another 3-4 days even though its gonna kill me to do so, id rather die from waiting then Exposure to the elements,
Just so we know it was like 2 inches of white ice, air pocket and water layer then a i inch layer on top of that of white ice then snow.,,

Not worth it to risk that. 

Offline mcwoody

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 17, 2007, 03:50 PM »
thanks for the update Germ!

Offline Road Toad

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 17, 2007, 04:31 PM »
Right on Germ, I knew I could count on you for the Up To The Minute Ice. But I still Think I'm going to wait till next weekend.

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Jan 17, 2007, 04:54 PM »
Well Road Toad if i were you i would also, dont want the wee ones going thru. My self personally  I wouldnt be as concerned if it wernt for the wind and the snow that insulated the Ice, Crucial for newly forming ice, but i'll be back on it testing either tommorow or friday, If no more Ice formed by tommorow i might be DOing a ROad TRip north on friday my day off Up in Trappers Neck of the woods:> ANyhow guys ill keep you informed as best as i can WIth all safty precautions inhand! TIght lines all!!

Offline OhioIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 17, 2007, 09:00 PM »
Is anyone familiar with a place called PERCH PALACE around cooks bay?  We have a trip planned for the 8th of Feb. and I wanted to see if there is any feedback on the place.

Also any advice on location, bait etc. would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Offline smokefan

• IceShanty Rookie
  • live for icefish'n
« Reply #19 on: Jan 17, 2007, 09:22 PM »
i think u r talking about the perch grounds in keswick ontario. i did a tournament there a couple of years ago .never really fished it but i hear some good things about it . good luck  :tipup:
fish hard or dont fish !!!

Offline krustydawg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bucket of Guts
« Reply #20 on: Jan 18, 2007, 10:58 AM »
Is anyone familiar with a place called PERCH PALACE around cooks bay?  We have a trip planned for the 8th of Feb. and I wanted to see if there is any feedback on the place.

Also any advice on location, bait etc. would be much appreciated!

Thanks

I have not heard too many good things about this place.  I heard that it is under new ownership this year, maybe they fixed it up but.....

GERM,
    Looks like Tony the Tiger and myself will be making the trip up your way Feb. 8-10.  Keep doing your ice dance !  Hope to see ya then !

Krusty

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Jan 18, 2007, 04:16 PM »
Ya i dont like doggin Places but i will promote ones i do like! D.C Marine is a nice place and if they are booked ask them to reccomend a placethey will usually steer you to a nice place at reasonable prices in comparison to theirs.  And yes PErch PALCE is a place to stay and not just a area of simcoe where u catch perch, I belive the Professor used to run it i think he was called:> As far as february is concerned Krusty i think ull be ok with that date as we are having minus temps in the nite so im hoping to be fishing saftly by next week.

Offline SLIPPERYFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Got to get on the ice
« Reply #22 on: Jan 20, 2007, 08:57 AM »
Can anyone give me an ice condition update please!
Thanks!!

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #23 on: Jan 20, 2007, 03:37 PM »
'Check out this link! He has a vidieo of today and a guy comon off the ice!

http://cbfb.proboards100.com/index.cgi

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 20, 2007, 03:40 PM »
Well Currently the ice conditons are............ ICE is present in the south end of the bay at Cooks bay, WHen i say that i want to Let people know the area i have personally been on , Pine beach area, Which is out in front of glenwood beach, Currently there are 2-3  Huts placed out there as of today, Tommorow i will be scouting More north  (on the ice) Where i myself like to ICE fish for Lakers and whitefish and PErch galore, Krusty Dawg knows of which where i speak, But i wont be able to report on that untill tommorow, But as of current there is about 3-5 inches of ice  White and black, And i did also see people fishing out Around old homestead way but didnt venture out as i didnt have my float suit with me i was on my lunch break at work. ANyhow, I'll try to keep you guys Posted And krusty man u got what u wished for:>:> ICE MAN commeth!! Tight lines everyone and Please be careful out there on new ice, dont be a fool FIsh with a buddy and check the ice even though i gave u a report,  I could also say your all good looking people too but lord knows That isnt True.... (especially in Krustys case lol) TIght lines eveyone!!!

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #25 on: Jan 20, 2007, 03:41 PM »
Cool video, that is the hut and operator I I rented for next weekend, looks like my trip is going to be on after all

Offline Germ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Jan 20, 2007, 03:53 PM »
The MNR Dude in that video is Rick I dont know his last name but seen him many a times over the years, great guy friendly and very informitive ANd as i said the Ice Thickness varies The further North in the lake you go, AS i said before i dont suggest people go out when i post these reports im just trying to give a accurate desciption on what Iv'e Myself been on, As i say this i have also lived on the lake for nearly 22 years, I Know the lake and the areas i fish But sometimes the ICe can play tricks on you so... just Becareful if and When ever you venture out on SImcoe. Tight lines all!

Offline hunters08

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • all i can say is WOW
« Reply #27 on: Jan 20, 2007, 06:20 PM »
sorry guys i'm just wondering what the deal is with coming there and taking fish back home.Are we aloud only a certain amount to bring across the border?My friends were saying we Have to go to simcoe amazing perch fishing!!!I am just wondering if you guys know what we can bring back home?? :tipup: thanks
If i'm not fish'n then i'd rather be turkey hunt'n [img width=100 height=80]

Offline krustydawg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bucket of Guts
« Reply #28 on: Jan 20, 2007, 06:35 PM »
sorry guys i'm just wondering what the deal is with coming there and taking fish back home.Are we aloud only a certain amount to bring across the border?My friends were saying we Have to go to simcoe amazing perch fishing!!!I am just wondering if you guys know what we can bring back home?? :tipup: thanks

100 possession, 50 per day.  Part of the skin must be left on the fish (if you clean them) fir identification purposes.

Offline krustydawg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bucket of Guts
« Reply #29 on: Jan 20, 2007, 06:46 PM »
Well Currently the ice conditons are............ ICE is present in the south end of the bay at Cooks bay, WHen i say that i want to Let people know the area i have personally been on , Pine beach area, Which is out in front of glenwood beach, Currently there are 2-3  Huts placed out there as of today, Tommorow i will be scouting More north  (on the ice) Where i myself like to ICE fish for Lakers and whitefish and PErch galore, Krusty Dawg knows of which where i speak, But i wont be able to report on that untill tommorow, But as of current there is about 3-5 inches of ice  White and black, And i did also see people fishing out Around old homestead way but didnt venture out as i didnt have my float suit with me i was on my lunch break at work. ANyhow, I'll try to keep you guys Posted And krusty man u got what u wished for:>:> ICE MAN commeth!! Tight lines everyone and Please be careful out there on new ice, dont be a fool FIsh with a buddy and check the ice even though i gave u a report,  I could also say your all good looking people too but lord knows That isnt True.... (especially in Krustys case lol) TIght lines eveyone!!!

Sweeeeeeeet !  :o Man I won't get a good nights sleep for the next two weeks, anticipation !  Penny was booked for Feb. 8-10 so I booked with a lady named Debbie at Riverview Cottage (very nice lady over the phone).  She said it is close to DC Marine on Riverglen Drive.  Keep me posted on the bite buddy, I will be fishing in your honey hole the morning of the 8th !  ;D  By the way my response to the last comment you made is you just have'nt got a good look at my kisser from down there at your level ! LOL ! ;D  Be safe out there and hopefully you can come out and enjoy us for a full day of perch pickin' while we are up there.  See ya shortly, no pun intended !  ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.