The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: First Chance to Fish in a Hard-side Shantee  (Read 638 times)

Offline khaaxma

• Team IceShanty Regular
First Chance to Fish in a Hard-side Shantee
« on: Jan 26, 2010, 11:06 AM »
My fishing partner designed and built a nice sectional shantee and we were able to finally get it out on the ice yesterday. It was easy to put back together after we pulled it out on a specially made sled with his quad. This shantee is 5 x 7 with plenty of head room. It heats efficiently and even has lights. My Shappell Rover 2.0 DX is nice, but this unit has alot more room and the chairs are very comfortable. We have a few minor modifications to make now that we have actually used the new shantee, but all-in-all it worked well.
I am blessed to live in an area where the fishing is great and the people are nice!

Offline Fish Killa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on!
Re: First Chance to Fish in a Hard-side Shantee
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2010, 11:13 AM »
Glad you like the shanty. Any pic's?
I'm not as good as I once was but I am good once as I ever was.

Offline khaaxma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2010, 11:36 AM »
Glad you like the shanty. Any pic's?
I still haven't tried to put any pictures on this forum, but after we make a few modifications I might give it a try.
I am blessed to live in an area where the fishing is great and the people are nice!

Offline skunkmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2010, 12:42 PM »
Always nice to fish in total comfort.  Only problem is you sacrifice mobility.  But if you find a good spot then you're golden for the season.  Looking forward to pics. ;D

Offline khaaxma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2010, 06:19 PM »
Always nice to fish in total comfort.  Only problem is you sacrifice mobility.  But if you find a good spot then you're golden for the season.  Looking forward to pics. ;D
Although the hard-side is nice you can believe that my Shappell Rover has not gone into retirement for the season. We tend to fish a number of lakes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.