Author Topic: Magic  (Read 891 times)

Offline chummin

• IceShanty Rookie
Magic
« on: Feb 02, 2012, 12:42 PM »
First of all just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.  Just found out about this site recently and joined up. I've been ice fishing for a few years but getting more into it lately.

Read in the paper today that Magic has frozen up completely. Was wondering if anyone has been on it in the past couple days, and how the ice is?

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
Re: Magic
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2012, 03:01 PM »
Chummin,

Welcome to the shanty! I think we're all waiting on word about Magic. If you find something out about the fishing, please let us know...

Hogger

Offline IDbasser

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2012, 03:22 PM »
Welcome, and I would like to get to magic again, it has been a couple of years.  I am hoping to make it to the get together later this month.

Offline westmagicdork

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2012, 07:47 AM »
I was out at the West Side last night. The locals say it's 4"-6" of ice. It didn't look all that safe to me. It's got a little snow on it. There were two snowmobile tracks across the ice. One from the main ramp to Lava Point and the other from the main ramp to the East Side. I didn't see any ice mounds left from anyone fishing. It's been plenty cold at night but up in the 40's during the day. If you go be careful and do some checking on how thick it is. The Hot Springs and Moonstone area is still very good fishing. Ice is near 30" thick. The gang is going tomorrow to Moonstone we've decided to wait a week or two for the West Side ice to get a little more stable. There was open water just 2 weeks ago and a 4-wheeler went thru the ice at Lava Point. I'll try and get a report on Monday on the West Side fishing and ice conditions.
I got 99 problems and fishin' & beer solves all of 'em.

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2012, 08:18 AM »
Thanks westmagicdork!

Sounds like its gettin better

Hogger

Offline golfmechhs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2012, 09:10 AM »
Hopefully it only gets better before the get together.

Offline BCS-ID

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2012, 06:23 PM »
Hello -- new to this site as well.   Fished Magic Saturday, the ice seemed sturdy around the West Magic area.  Lots of snow mobiles on the ice, though the folks at the restaurant/shop cautioned against 4-wheelers.  I walked from the West Magic boat ramp to the small island towards the north -- ice was just shy of 8".  Fishing was a little on the slow side there -- landed a decent trout (~16") at about 25" deep.  Didn't find any perch to speak of, but I was on foot so I didn't around too much.  Was fun to get out there though -- hope to be out there again next weekend.

Also -- if any of you was the one who offered me a ride back to the ramp, thanks again!

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2012, 06:01 PM »
Hey BCS-ID,

Welcome to the shanty and thanks for the report on Magic.

Hogger

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2012, 06:38 PM »
Welcome to you both. Take a look at the news and info section give a look to the rules as not to get MODERATED.... Thanks and enjoy your new crackpipe.. ICESHANTY.COM.. JT

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2012, 08:01 PM »
ROFLMAO!!!!!

JT, never thought of it like that...but darned if you aren't right, LOL!!!

Hogger

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.