Author Topic: 2 person shanty...  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
2 person shanty...
« on: Dec 14, 2010, 02:23 PM »
Is one of you guys selling this thing?
http://boise.craigslist.org/spo/2109343092.html

I've fished out of an otter and loved it. they say its new...but i dont think otter has made a solid color for a good 4 years now.

Offline Oof-Da!

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2 person shanty...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2010, 07:22 PM »
I just bought an Eskimo Quickfish2 from Cabelas. It was easy to assemble and seems to be made and engineered very well. Unfortunately, I haven't fished out of it yet. I paid $249.00 and if you look around, it's difficult to find them for less than $312.00 plus shipping. On ebay, they sell new for $399.00 plus shipping. Cabelas may have mis-priced them. Good luck - see you on the ice!

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2010, 01:47 AM »
Sportsmans Warehouse has there Eskimo Quick Fish 3 on sale for $ 149.00 . Curt G.
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline GreenLife

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2010, 09:53 AM »
I checked out the Quickfish 2 this morning at Cabelas and the salesman showed me a Quickfish 3 combo pack they have on sale online currently (don't have in stock yet, but on the way) that includes the shelter, a 6" auger, covered sled, and folding chair for $249.99.  They also had an 8" Stingray gas auger combo for $499.99, but that's a bit out of my price range currently.  Now I just gotta figure out which one of my Santa's is going to get it for me...  ;D
"I've gone fishing thousands of times in my life, and I have never once felt unlucky or poorly paid for those hours on the water." ~ William Tapply

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it.  What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." ~ John Gierach

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2010, 10:13 AM »
thats a smoking good deal! I like the hub style shelter i have, but i dont love it.

Offline GreenLife

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2010, 12:44 PM »
I've found the sled styles are nice because your seat and frame are always there and attached (no chair or bucket makes for a long *sore* day on the ice) but if you're on slick ice, the sled has a tendency to back away from you (and the hole) every now and then.  You also have to step over your hole getting in and out and depending on how many barley pops you have during the day, that can be a recipe to meet the wet side of the ice.  Am going to go to the hub shelter style with separate lawn chairs or buckets instead to avoid limited seating and make for more comfortable trips.  Seems like the shelters shed the snow a bit better as well on those long days or extended stays....
"I've gone fishing thousands of times in my life, and I have never once felt unlucky or poorly paid for those hours on the water." ~ William Tapply

"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it.  What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore." ~ John Gierach

Offline mooseymo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2010, 03:18 PM »
Hey whats up greenlife? hey next time your in cabelas check to see if they have any darters and any mimic minnows. thanks man.  Can't wait to fish henry's on the first.  Are you going to be able to get a snow mobile?
sick days are for fishing!

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2010, 03:22 PM »
they have the salmo darter($7.99!!!) but not the lindy darter. not sure of the mimic minnow

Offline mooseymo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2010, 04:57 PM »
outstanding!!  thanks woodland
sick days are for fishing!

Offline GreenLife

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2010, 10:14 AM »
Was in Cabela's finishing up some Xmas shopping (and shopping for what I'm going to buy with all my Xmas gift cards ;D) and it looks like they've got the full run of the QuickFish series we were talking about above.  The QuickFish3 hub pack with 6x6 shelter, sled, chair, and GAS auger was on sale, $450 I think, and the same but with a hand auger was on sale for around $250??  Also had the QuickFish2 flip-overs there.  Scored a couple new tip-ups :tipup:, rods, and those Salmo darters for the trip to CF and Henry's next week!!!  Forecast says single digits and a below freezing high with clear skies - PERFECT!!!   :thumbsup:

:icefish:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.