Author Topic: IS IOT GOING TO BE ENOUF  (Read 1213 times)

Offline sticksandstring

• Team IceShanty Regular
IS IOT GOING TO BE ENOUF
« on: Dec 22, 2009, 12:19 PM »
IS THE COLD SPELL, IN NORTHERN IDAHO GOING TO BE ENOUF TO GET OUT THERE THIS WEEKEND.

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: IS IOT GOING TO BE ENOUF
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2009, 05:12 PM »
Where are you looking to go?  I am sure most of the smaller lakes will be just fine.  I havent been on Sportsmans so I cant speak to that but all the usual places should be just fine.

I also havent been on the chain lakes but if they had 6 inches last weekend they should be fine this weekend.

Offline BlueDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2009, 06:07 PM »
I drove by Cocolalla today and saw 3 guys on the ice on the south end.  Also saw one on Round lake.  If it gets in the teens like they forcast most of the smaller lakes should be good to go by thurs or friday.

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2009, 06:19 PM »
I am headed out tomorrow morning to Kelso.  There was about 8 inches there on Sunday. 

Saw a few nice trout come out. 

Offline sticksandstring

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2009, 06:31 PM »
im thinking of going to chatcolet

Offline riske

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2009, 08:51 AM »
Sorry I haven't been down there.  How much ice did it have last weekend?  The ice up here ( north of CDA, And SPT area ) is clear and hard.  Most lakes had at least 6+ inches on them when they froze.  And although it had been warm it was till cold at night.  For the most part we really didn't loose any ice. It just got sloppy on top. But I expect that as of this morning that has all froze up. It only 20 here at my house this morning.

If the ice was good last weekend and it has still been cold at night I would say it is probably fine.  But bring your Ice pick/ life savers to be on the safe side.

But you may not want to take advice from me.  I have fallen through more than once.  And it is a long cold drive home in your boxers.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.