The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: December 07 Ice Reports  (Read 1622 times)

Offline andercee

• Team IceShanty Addict
December 07 Ice Reports
« on: Dec 01, 2007, 09:00 PM »
12/1/07 - Went to Lake Elwell (Tiber Reservoir), I was really disappointed when I drove over the dam.  The vast majority of the lake is open water.  But I found a bay that had some ice on it.  About 2.5" thick.  Did that for a while, then while screwing around I put my boot into the first hole I drilled right near shore to break up some of the ice that was forming, as I did that a crack opened up through the hole and ran to both sides of the bay.  I didn't do much fishing after that.  No fish either but I was in pretty shallow stuff.

Lake Frances- drove by to check it out, looks completely frozen over but it was getting dark so I couldn't see it all.  Don't know how thick. No one was out there that I could see.

Offline andercee

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: December 07 Ice Reports
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2007, 06:03 PM »
12/15 - Saturday

Wadsworth pond in Great Falls had 6 inches of ice.  No fish though.  Tips appreciated.

Offline wvmountaineer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2007, 06:39 PM »
12/17/07 A buddy of mine went to Dog Lake today fishing with smelt and just killed the Pike. Average size was 26 inches and a couple were 32 plus. 

Offline andercee

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2007, 11:19 AM »
Anyone been to Tiber recently?  I am back in MN for christmas now. 2 feet of ice here, caught a good northern yesterday but thats it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.