The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Canyon ferry  (Read 5143 times)

Offline Mr rainbow406

• IceShanty Rookie
Canyon ferry
« on: Feb 10, 2017, 07:57 PM »
How has the perch fish been

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • C'mon Sub-Zeros! Tēm Hîpē FySh <°]))}{
Re: Canyon ferry
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2017, 09:08 PM »
Ok here's the deal Mr. Rainbow since you didn't read the "new members please read" thread or the "there are 2 Montana boards guys and gals" thread. Here's a short cut check out the lake you want to know about here http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=172.0.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2017, 11:36 PM »
You have more than 3 posts, so read these then head to the "Reports & Conditions" page.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=323792.0

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=322974.0

Offline Rengum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2017, 11:11 AM »
thats what this site is for isnt it?  to visit with folks about ice fishing

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2017, 06:37 PM »
thats what this site is for isnt it?  to visit with folks about ice fishing

I'm with you Rengum, I am still kinda confused.  If you start a thread or comment on a lake and what you caught, these guys are meanies, they spank you and tell you to post it on another forum section which is called "reports and conditions".  To me, reports and conditions is formal for the days temp., road condition, ice report thickness, wind direction while whizzing, you know, that stuff.  I like when someone asks anywhere " hey I'm going to Lake ABC and what is the fishing like?"  This is fair, especially for the new guys.  I don't like pushing the new people around because then, they think we are too formal about posts and where they need to post.  Might make them uncomfortable the first time posting.

I personally want new Ice Shanty members to spread the word, keep the participation continuous, this lets the sponsors know that members are friendly and give sponsors more confidence that the site is growing threw help and not spanking.

Just my feelings and my feelings are hard too hurt anymore.

I used another site for a long time and they always moved my post to some alley where no one would answer or even see it.  Then I would get a stern PM saying, "The Moderators of this forum have moved your post to the proper thread" and not even give me a link to it.!?!  Then no one would read it and tell me what color to dye my maggots or what color the sky was or if there was water still in the lake.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline Little Danny Red

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2017, 08:24 PM »
I agree with you Quantoson,
That was a mean way of addressing a perfectly appropriate question :(. Thought we were all buddies.
Guess not!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2017, 09:58 PM »
Or read the directions, put forth literally 60 seconds worth of effort and FIND the answers to your questions because 90% of the questions have recently been answered but people want instant gratification and can't  be bothered  to help themselves...

Offline BourbonSnowCone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2017, 10:07 PM »
Most of us can barely find them time to fish let alone spend hours on this site. Not sure what some of you guys do when there's no ice in the state and no one on ice shanty to correct.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2017, 10:13 PM »
Put forth some effort. Read the directions. It's easy. Try it.
It's like the people on the face book fishin pages asking a question that was answered 5 minutes previously. Instead of spending 5 minutes to find an answer they just ask again...
PS- telling them where they came FIND the answer to their question isn't correcting them.

Offline MTsmkj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2017, 10:45 PM »
Anybody know how the perch fishin has been?

Offline Born Late

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2017, 11:03 PM »
I agree with you Quantoson,
That was a mean way of addressing a perfectly appropriate question :(. Thought we were all buddies.
Guess not!

I noticed that you just found 24 pages of info about Canyon Ferry over in the Fishing Reports and Conditions section.  There's another 16 in the archives. And you received a reply to your question. That's how the one-stop shopping in the FR&C pages benefits newbies and oldies alike.  Sure beats sifting thru the random posts buried in this general MT section.
YOU are the only one who can decide if the ice is safe enough for you.

Offline Rainman935

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 13, 2017, 04:02 AM »
Perch fishing sucked today. I think the trout are eating them all.

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #12 on: Feb 13, 2017, 04:30 AM »
That's how the one-stop shopping in the FR&C pages benefits newbies and oldies alike.  Sure beats sifting thru the random posts buried in this general MT section.

Well said B L.....That's exactly why the forum is set up with the 2 different sections. The fact that we as members have the Montana Fishing Reports & Conditions (MFR&C) section with a dedicated thread to many of the bodies of water throughout the state is far less time consuming than trying to search through multiple threads in the Ice Fishing Montana (IFM) section that get buried further n' further back in the pages day after day. I like the info being one click away.

Let's face the facts here. Most people join this forum because of the wealth of information it provides. Some members choose to post very detailed fishing reports in the MFR&C section & lets just call those detailed fishing reports what they really are.....Free Intel !! To get to the free intel in the MFR&C a new member must make 3 posts. We've all seen how that goes with quite a few of these new members. Post the numbers 1, 2, 3 in a thread, then off to the MFR&C section to ask "where were you fishing at?" & "what tackle/bait were you using?". They don't bother reading the Sticky Threads that explain how the forum works & some don't offer any ice fishing related info whatsoever. I certainly don't call that "visiting with folks about ice fishing" or "being buddies", I call that "taking" & it's one of the reasons I rarely share any fishing reports here anymore.

All in all there's a great bunch of guys/gals here that share a love for the hardwater. I don't think anyone is trying to be mean or dishing out verbal spankings. I do feel that pointing someone in the right direction to get their question answered makes that person exert a little effort & helps them better understand the flow of the forum.

Take care everyone & please stay safe out there !!

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #13 on: Feb 13, 2017, 05:05 AM »
SpitzoMT, - "some don't offer any ice fishing related info whatsoever"

I think the new people come here wanting to learn and get intel to improve their chances to catch.  It is hard to write a comment if they are new to ice fishing and have nothing to share.  I took a new person out a few weeks ago, didn't know him other than a friendly conversation this last summer.

He and I caught a lot of fish in 1 hour, never before had he caught anything thru the ice in 5 years he said.  He visited Ice Shanty site as a lurker and told me he never would sign up since it seems the majority of frequent users are pros, have all the right gear stuff and make others who don't have, feel bad for asking questions or not knowing where to ask or how to use the boards.  That was the time another newbie was getting spanked or laughed at. 

I got spanked hard a month ago for sharing info, remember?  Had to remove info from the post. LOL!

wish you many hook-ups

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #14 on: Feb 13, 2017, 05:51 AM »
I think the new people come here wanting to learn and get intel to improve their chances to catch.  It is hard to write a comment if they are new to ice fishing and have nothing to share. Good point if a member is new to ice fishing. We both know not all are tho.

I got spanked hard a month ago for sharing info, remember?  Had to remove info from the post. LOL! Don't remember that.....Must have missed that one.

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #15 on: Feb 13, 2017, 06:01 AM »
wish you many hook-ups

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #16 on: Feb 13, 2017, 06:10 AM »
Here you go SpitzoMT  http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=341676.msg3628686#msg3628686

I get spanked a lot!

Thanks.....Don't know how I missed that one.....Was relieved to see I never replied to that thread in a spanking way !! LOL

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 13, 2017, 10:04 AM »
Dude got one reply to original question on this thread!!! Thanks rainman... I wonder if he found any helpful info on the reports and conditions board.

Most of us can barely find them time to fish let alone spend hours on this site. Not sure what some of you guys do when there's no ice in the state and no one on ice shanty to correct.

I like to read!  ;)
My feelings don't get hurt so easy... Welcome to ice shanty everyone! I'm not a bad dude or a mean guy, oh and I'm not perfect either. Next time I'll be more pleasant, my bad Mr Rainbow

I've never held back info to members that take the time to pm me. But that requires a minimum # of posts too.

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
« Reply #18 on: Feb 13, 2017, 10:09 AM »
Dude got one reply to original question on this thread!!! Thanks rainman... I wonder if he found any helpful info on the reports and conditions board.

I like to read!  ;)
My feelings don't get hurt so easy... Welcome to ice shanty everyone! I'm not a bad dude or a mean guy, oh and I'm not perfect either. Next time I'll be more pleasant, my bad Mr Rainbow

I've never held back info to members that take the time to pm me. But that requires a minimum # of posts too.

Will confirm that BackCountry Kyle is the nicest and the best!!!! 
wish you many hook-ups

Offline BaitWaster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Feb 13, 2017, 10:40 AM »
Slow.

Offline gramps2321

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 13, 2017, 10:08 PM »
Catching was slow, fishing was fabulous Sunday.

Offline Rengum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 14, 2017, 09:19 AM »
thank you
bourbonsnowcone

Offline DandMe

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 18, 2017, 01:20 PM »
Went last weekend. Only marked 4 fish. Had a nice one to the hole, but needed a gaff. Hoping to head back out this weekend.

Anyone fishing CF today?

Offline Rainman935

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 18, 2017, 05:29 PM »
Fished till 2. Not a single perch nibble. Saw some guys running for rods 100yards away from me though. 30-45 fow

Offline BackCountry Kyle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Feb 18, 2017, 06:19 PM »
Nice reports guys. But there is a specific board for that

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #25 on: Feb 18, 2017, 07:39 PM »
But there is a specific board for that

I bet the members that go to that specific board seeking reports would really appreciate finding these reports posted there too !!  ;D

Offline MTmatthew

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Dec 12, 2022, 09:58 PM »
Offline MTmatthew

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 12, 2022, 09:59 PM »
Offline Gone_fishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Dec 12, 2022, 10:25 PM »
Put forth some effort. Read the directions. It's easy. Try it.
It's like the people on the face book fishin pages asking a question that was answered 5 minutes previously. Instead of spending 5 minutes to find an answer they just ask again...
PS- telling them where they came FIND the answer to their question isn't correcting them.

Gawdd I hope this site never becomes like the fb pages....I used to disagree with missoulafish and bobberdown about sharing too much info or hotspotting lakes, but that was before I actually joined any fb ice fishing pages and those groups make sick. I have seen the light missoulafish and bobberdown and couldn't agree more with you guys on this topic now.

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Dec 13, 2022, 08:27 AM »
;D
Dont ask

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.