Author Topic: IceJunky's 2008/2009 Equipment Purchase Catalogue  (Read 5255 times)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
IceJunky's 2008/2009 Equipment Purchase Catalogue
« on: Nov 05, 2008, 08:11 AM »
As in past seasons I'd like to share my new gear purchases with everyone. I have placed 3 or 4 orders so far and as they arrive I will post some pics and show off the new gear.

Order number one was from Cabela's as I needed some new boots

1) Trans Alaskan III boots, now i need new yaktax as mine wont fit on these monsters

2) Frabil Bro Series Quick Tip rod

3) Berkley Spikes....I have not seen these in my area only waxies and honey worms

4) Gamma Line...Cabelas had a sale on 6lb and 10lb so i bought a few to shelf

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: IceJunky's 2008/2009 Equipment Purchase Catalogue
« Reply #1 on: Nov 05, 2008, 08:13 AM »
Second Order was this seasons biggest purchase....a panasonic camcorder...this little guy seems like the perfect camera for on ice recording, it is the only camera I found that says it is good to record down to -20 and it water proof, it will actually record up to 1.5 meters under water. It is also pocket sized and takes a beating...hopfully some nice videos to follow

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 05, 2008, 08:20 AM »
What was the price on the camera?

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2008, 08:35 AM »
it was $350 CDN plus I bought an extra battery as well as a 16g sd card to record. I have used it a few times outside and the quality looked pretty decend. Any bad review I have seen on it, has to do with darker indoor recording, so It should be good on the ice

Offline 7 plus larry

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IF THEY CALLED IT CATCHING EVERYONE WOULD DO IT!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2008, 06:14 AM »
not a bad price .where did you buy from?

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2008, 06:15 AM »
where did you buy from

I bought from a Canadian Camera chain called Henry's they are all over Ontario, they have top notch product and a staff that knows what they are talking about

Offline 7 plus larry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2008, 06:25 AM »
Thanks junky also those boots are monsters,how well do you walk in them?

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2008, 06:57 AM »
those boots are monsters,how well do you walk in them

I will admit that I was a little scared when I opened the box, but in the limited action they have seen around the house they feel good. I can move in them easily and althought they are monsters you would be surprised how lite they are...true test will be on the ice

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2008, 07:52 AM »
Purchase Order number three of the season came in last night, Custom Jigs & Spoons, this is becoming an annual order for me, great products. I focused mainly on new gear on this order, not bad prices as I got about 45 jigs/spoons for $60

6) Gill Pills

7) Diamond Jigs

8) Stingers

9) Slender Spoon...these were my fav spoon from last season, used on walleye and perch, so i grabed a handfull more in all sizes

One of the cool things about CJ&S is the way they ship there jigs, in nice hard plastic cases that you can keep the jigs in to transport on and off the ice...nice touch

Offline 7 plus larry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 06, 2008, 08:10 AM »
junky keep me posted on the boots good luck this year

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #10 on: Nov 06, 2008, 08:23 AM »
What a convenient site to order from.  Thanks for the info.
You seem to have some pretty good sources.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 06, 2008, 08:52 AM »
I just ordered a Bro QT rod and a bunch of jigs from CJ&S the other day. Great minds think alike. :D

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #12 on: Nov 07, 2008, 03:40 PM »
Even after my anto HT rant last week, I ended up throwing a little money there way today. I have been convinced to give the Windlass tip-up a second chance, when I saw one for 12$ today i thought why not, I also grabbed a few marmooska jigs to tie on to dropper rigs

10) Windlass Tip-up
11) Marmooska jigs

12) GULP Maggots and Waxies

Offline tip-uptwo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 07, 2008, 03:53 PM »
Icejunky,

Hows the reel on Bro's combo?
Andrew

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #14 on: Nov 07, 2008, 04:00 PM »
Hows the reel on Bro's combo

It feels better then I expected and it feels better then any of the genz stix reels, so thats a start. I think I will leave it on to start the season to see how it handles, but i have orderd a tica from riverside just in case, i love the rod, would be a great gill stick

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 07, 2008, 05:13 PM »
I got my Bro QT rod today. Very nice rod for $27. I like the large top two guides, which is what made me choose it over the Mitchell DS. The Frabill reel I handled felt pretty good but you don't know how long it will stay like that plus I couldn't test out the drag. I'm going to stick a GV500 or SB500 on mine.

Offline Grizzly1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 09, 2008, 09:49 PM »
Some great gear you've added to your arsenal, your new video camera looks sweet ;D.  I'm alway's a last minute shopper, mostly window shopping so far (Eskimo quickfish 3 ??) but have added a few jigs to the tackle box this season...............M ore to come no doubt ;D.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #17 on: Nov 14, 2008, 03:45 PM »
sorry for the poor pics, but I just got my most recent order in today, and that is new tip-up line from Jack Traps. after reading a few reviews here I decided to try a couple new colours this season..whatta think

12) Jack Trap Tip-up lone

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2008, 03:58 PM »
I don't know about that florescent orange.  Your test results should be interesting.  Can't wait to read them next spring.

Trooper Bri

« Reply #19 on: Nov 14, 2008, 05:41 PM »
I know plenty of people who use the orange dacron (myself included), and it doesn't seem to affect the bite assuming you are using a leader. No problem seeing which direction your fish is running before you get to the hole with clear ice.

I'm guessing you like the Gulp products junky. I don't do a whole lotta jigging, but want to pick up a couple varieties since it holds over better than the live stuff. Any favorites for perch or crappie? 
I did try thier Realistix 3" or 4" yellow perch this past spring for crappie on the river, casting around structure, and it did well compared to live shiners.

Offline sarniajeff

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I feel so normal here!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: Nov 19, 2008, 05:10 PM »
Regarding the Gulp ice bait products.
Bought and tried the red maggots last year and had some great success for Perch on Nippising.
Use the 3 and 4" Gulp minnows for drop shotting during the summer and find it to be better than real bait.
Great stuff in my experiences.

Hey Icejunky
Your a man after my own heart!!!!
Gotta love all those shiney things for fishin.
Too many lures, not enough time.
Love your posts dude!!!!!
Makes me feel OK.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #21 on: Nov 24, 2008, 10:38 AM »
Any favorites for perch or crappie?

for crappies in my area I perfer the waxies in natural or pink. I dont use them as much for perch, more for gills and crappie, but have had success with perch with the brighter yellows in the wxies

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #22 on: Nov 24, 2008, 10:46 AM »
This weekend was a trip tp the bass pro shop, told the wife i didnt need much, but still managed over a $100 in jigs.

I picked-up the new ice armour hat, interesteing product likes the look and feel.

then the rest of my money pretty much went to Northland. I grabbed some mudbugs and gill getters

I also tried a few of the new bro bloodworms, i was glad to see they came with additional bodies,

the gypsie jigs are close to CJ&S flu flu's so I thought i would give them a try

grabbed a few more buckshot spoons as well as a smaller flyer spoon

I also added a couple more single hook droppers, I have a ton of trebels but not much in the single hooks.

I really liked the look of these ice fly's, grabbed a couple packs and wish I grabbed more

I saw a few colours of gill pill by CJ&S that I didnt notive when ordering on line, so I grabbed up a few of them

saw a thread about these guys on here a while back, had never seen them in the shops befor, but saw them today and grabbed a few

last but not least I hit the fly shop to grab a few jig boxes, nice and tuff

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #23 on: Nov 24, 2008, 11:09 AM »
Looks like some great gear. I think you'll appreciate the boots the best. Mine are nearly twice as big as my foot but after a full day on the ice, my feet are as warm as they are on a hot summer day! I always thought the key to staying warm on the ice is keeping your hands and feet warm.

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #24 on: Nov 25, 2008, 04:17 PM »
It feels better then I expected and it feels better then any of the genz stix reels, so thats a start. I think I will leave it on to start the season to see how it handles, but i have orderd a tica from riverside just in case, i love the rod, would be a great gill stick
I picked up the 24" ultra light, but without the reel.  $10 US less.  I put a GV500 on it.  I fished with Bro last year when he had the prototypes of the rods.  They were way better, almost like Thorne Bros made them (they used to make his rods for him in that pattern).  That's what happens when you send stuff off to China to be mass produced.  Still a good rod for the money.  I picked it up as an extra for new people I take out, or for a standby for me.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #25 on: Nov 25, 2008, 05:55 PM »
icejunky, I see those Gitzit Micro Tough Guys at Walmart all the time and thought they would be good for Crappies, Have you used them before??? I like to get somw Gill Pills too.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #26 on: Nov 25, 2008, 06:00 PM »
I see those Gitzit Micro Tough Guys at Walmart all the time and thought they would be good for Crappies, Have you used them before???

No i havent, but there was another thread here, where they were recomended for Crappies, so I thought I would give them a shot

Offline Farley

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TEAM DUCK TAPE
« Reply #27 on: Nov 27, 2008, 03:39 PM »
whats the total damage to the master card?

I usually wait till I get my Fed tax return (late Jan. early Feb.) then...Go directly to bank then Gander mtn.  then to the ice,  No waiting around waiting for ice. ;D ;D ;D
If it ain't broken, you ain't try'in!

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Nov 27, 2008, 03:45 PM »
Those CJ&S Slender Spoons, are they like an Acme Kastmaster??

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #29 on: Nov 27, 2008, 04:01 PM »
Those CJ&S Slender Spoons, are they like an Acme Kastmaster

no not really, they are much thinner, and have a nice bend in them. They come with a clip, to allow them to really move in the water

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.