The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Eskimo Barricuda (2hp)  (Read 2622 times)

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Eskimo Barricuda (2hp)
« on: Oct 07, 2003, 03:17 PM »
Could anyone that has an Eskimo Barricuda Ice Auger tell me the pros and cons of it. I'm thinking about getting one for this season. Thanks for replies!
Ken                                          

Offline Cooley

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re:Eskimo Barricuda (2hp)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2003, 02:18 PM »
I bought an Eskimo Barricuda 2hp, 8 inch.last year,starts first pull,The thing runs great. I have had no problems,
I have gone though 5 tanks of gas with it.Cant wait to
use it again this year.

How many men does it take to open a beer,
None...it's open when she brings it! ! !

Offline Mark Barlow

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2003, 05:51 AM »
I bought mine last year and have drilled over 300 holes with it through over 2 feet of ice. It runs great. It drills an 8 inch hole. My buddy BJ has the Jiffy with a 10 inch cutter and 3 hp motor and he can out drill mine 2 to 1, but it's heavier than mine. An 8 inch hole freezes faster than a 10 inch hole. I use the polar tip ups that work great in a 8 inch hole, but when I put them on a 10 inch hole they can get pulled in if they are not right tight on the edge of the hole.
Love those slab crappie, jumbo perch, and always love those bull sunfish. A.F.& A.M.

crazy french canuk

« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2003, 10:37 AM »
I have just registered today to reply to this posting. I live up in canada, in ontario to be precise, and we go to the cottage almost every weekend in the winter, about 14-15 weekends a season, we are the first on the ice with our sleds, about 4-5 inches of ice in early season.
in the middle of winter, when it is coldest, we have about 39-40 inches of solid ice. I own a strikemaster mag 8 1/4 " standard chipper blade :'(, it is about 5 years old now, and will cut through 3 feet  of solid ice in about 9-10 seconds flat. I don't know much about the eskimo's , but I hear they are a good machine. we had a group of guys on the one weekend, and one of them had a jiffy 8 inch gas auger, it started good, but you could not put any weight on it or it just stopped spinning, and it was only a year old. I have talked to other jiffy owners and they tell me the same thing, i guess the older ones were better. with my strikemaster, I start it, give it about 15 seconds to warm up in -40 weather, full throttle with my weight on top of it , and we have timed it as fast as 9 seconds from start to finish, awesome machine. when it dies, i will buy the same thing again  ;)

Offline Bob_D

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • www.Fishingvermont.net
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2003, 11:45 AM »
CFC,
I'm not sure if those guys were friends of yours but....It sounds like the guy with the jiffy auger was having clutch problems. If the auger stops spinning and the motor is running, the clutch is slipping. They may want to pull the gearbox apart and see if there is any oil/grease on the clutch shoes or plate.

Offline kenelz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When the going gets tough, the tough go ice fishin
« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2003, 09:54 PM »
My thoughts also Esox... the Eskimo, Jiffey and Strikemaster all use the same engine.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.