Author Topic: Vexan Ice Rods  (Read 2107 times)

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
Vexan Ice Rods
« on: Jan 15, 2017, 01:28 PM »
Has anyone given these a try? No questions asked lifetime warranty and they are made by the same company that makes the Tackle Industries muskie rods and has great customer service. Just wondering if their ice rods are as good as their muskie rods

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Vexan Ice Rods
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2017, 03:48 PM »
ordered one thanks for the heads up

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2017, 06:35 PM »
ordered one thanks for the heads up

Let me know what you think of them!!

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2017, 06:37 PM »
Let me know what you think of them!!
Will do

Offline fishermanhunterguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2017, 07:58 PM »
My buddy is a prostaff for Vexan and he got me a deal on their rods. I ordered the big/fish pike rod which is the heaviest rod they have. Its 32". I bought it for lakers and for pike and big walleye with my new Ifish Pro. Unfortunately I got skunked laker fishing last week and havent been out since so I cant comment on the rods performance yet but my buddy has caught some nice walleyes with his bigfish/pike rod including a fat 29.5" and he said the rod handled it great. I video taped the battle actually. 

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2017, 08:00 PM »
Very cool! Did you get a chance to test out or see any of the lighter rods for pannies?

Offline fishermanhunterguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2017, 08:12 PM »
No, I have a Tuned up Custom Rod Precision Noodle for pannies and a precision for walleyes ;)

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2017, 05:25 PM »
If the Vexan ice rods are half the quality as the TI muskie rods, your in business. I can say that I have been extremely happy with my TI rods in the boat. Can't beat them for the price.
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2017, 04:04 PM »
I like the handle got the 26 inch the handle looks like it came off a golf club it's got big alloy guides which is perfect for outside jigging. Going to give it a go on Saturday at the DLVFD fish tourney.

Offline ElectricSlide19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 24, 2017, 10:34 PM »
I like the handle got the 26 inch the handle looks like it came off a golf club it's got big alloy guides which is perfect for outside jigging. Going to give it a go on Saturday at the DLVFD fish tourney.

Let us know! would be interested to hear about the action on it.

Offline lunkerslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2017, 01:28 PM »
The vexan rod is better for fishing walleye rather than perch the rod blank is a heavy graphite with little tip sensitivity for using smaller lures so I put a spring bobber on it for a little more finess when fishing deep water. The guides are nice and big which have the plus for less ice build up its a good rod for the price. I do like the handle like I said before.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.