Author Topic: Vexilar Fishscout Camera Video OUT  (Read 947 times)

Offline Buckshot86

• Team IceShanty Regular
Vexilar Fishscout Camera Video OUT
« on: Dec 21, 2015, 02:48 AM »
The Vexilar camera has a video out jack for recording footage onto camcorders. I found some video out to Micro USB cables online and am wondering if I could hook my Galaxy 5 smartphone to it. If not, Vexilar has as recording attachment but its 89.99$

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: Vexilar Fishscout Camera Video OUT
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2015, 08:20 AM »
the micro usb on the galaxy is not for video in. you would need a convertor inline with the usb and then you can, depending on driver and software for that adapter and display/app.
try searching the web for micro usb video adapters and then search for apps if the adapter doesn't have droid capture and display app.

i use an inline usb tuner card that has the yellow video in port (yellow is standard def), they run at around 60$ and up to plug in a camera for security here to an outside night vision camera and my pc records any movement.
so drivers and then an app that lets you see the video are key here besides the hardware you can get.
it has an "F" connector also for coax so you can hook up an ant or cable to watch tv on it too.

the usb port on the droid might not have enough power to supply the tuner card tho, so hold onto the receipt until you know at least.

another option, marcum sells a bluetooth cam panner that shoots the video wireless via bluetooth to their app and that might work too, but is expensive. at this point the only vex would be the camera.

Offline Buckshot86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2015, 03:40 AM »
It seems it would cost almost as much just buying the vexilar recorder and then not sure if it will be right apps/hardware. I think I am just going to get the vex recorder in the future since its inline and stays with the vex unit. Thanks for the info.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2015, 08:05 AM »
safest is what your plan is now.
adding things that stick out of the tiny micro usb port is a disaster waiting to happen handling it as much as you would for a camera.

another option is find some thing the vex might use to broadcast video via bluetooth like marcum has done. then the app that lets it display on your cell. best place is a search right on your phone on google play or play store or what ever name it has today.

i'm not familiar with vex, so i don't know what ports it has.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.