Author Topic: No-knot Fas-snaps  (Read 6219 times)

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Re: No-knot Fas-snaps
« Reply #30 on: Nov 16, 2011, 08:54 AM »
Glad I'm not alone with this. I've used needlenose pliers on them but end up putting burrs on the surface of the snap that might nick the mono and cause a break off.  I've found it easier at times to just to cut the line and tie directly to a new lure.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline copperjohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Nov 16, 2011, 10:04 PM »
Small hemostat clamp gives me plenty of dexterity without scratching or nicking the metal.  I only use the silver ones which I think are harder but more brittle than the black.  I use these to make dropper chains out of modeling chain found on Ebay.  I can then switch out hooks and flies on the chain.  Very effective mod for hali and other spoons.
Gravity's B**ch On Hard Water

Offline trapster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Nov 19, 2011, 04:08 PM »
I haven't been able to find snaps small to go through the eye of a #14 ice jig.  any help?
Shut up and fish.

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Nov 19, 2011, 04:19 PM »
I'll second the use of a hemostat on the small fas-snaps. I mean I've got them with me anyway to help remove deeply hooked fish. I only use the fas-snaps on vertical jig/lure presentations. I tie direct on horizontal lures so I can adjust how the lure hangs in the water.

Offline TType86

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Nov 19, 2011, 06:28 PM »
I agree not always the best to use with finicky panfish at times, or when a certain angle of the jig is needed by adjusting your knot, but thats why I have a pole rigged with one and a pole without. Some jigs they dont work great with, but most they do. Still easier for me than tieing a new knot every jig swap with cold fingers.

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Nov 20, 2011, 07:31 PM »
I have never used these,but I think i will try them this year,seems like a great way to change jigs from light to heavy or back and forth.

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
« Reply #36 on: Nov 21, 2011, 02:19 PM »
I have used them for years.  Very useful for changing lures quickly when in the search mode for what the fish want.

Offline sam heaton

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Nov 21, 2011, 04:27 PM »
    Go to a Dollar Tree and get 3.50 glasses for tying knots & fas snaps.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.