Author Topic: Anyone good with audio? Please help  (Read 1100 times)

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
Anyone good with audio? Please help
« on: Nov 11, 2014, 02:25 PM »
So this is my problem. I have an automotive system in my shack like a lot of others do and last year I was having trouble with my old used head unit and so I updated and bought a brand new one. I got it all hooked up and it sounds nice and looks good too. All works well until I change the channel and then nothing untill I unplug the speakers from the back and plug them back in then they work fine on the new channel untill I go to change it again. It is so frusterating so I just have been using my ipod while working on the shack but would like for the radio to work and be able to change the channel. Thanks ahead of time for any help.

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
Re: Anyone good with audio? Please help
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2014, 06:05 PM »
Well that's got to be the wierdest thing I've heard of.  My home stereo(ya I'm a dinosaur) does that sometimes for maybe 4-5 seconds I guess waiting for the station to lock in.  Do you have a good antenna outside the shack and is it grounded.  That can be a problem with automotive units.   My boat unit would not work well until I grounded the exterior braid of the co-ax to the aluminum hull.   

Offline bigred1974

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2014, 01:31 PM »
Return it and get a new one. Sounds screwed up

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2014, 01:45 PM »
Check to make sure your speakers are phased properly, + to + and - to -. Are your output ohms matching the speakers? Ie; 4 ohm, 8 ohm, etc. That shouldn't really matter, though. Check your ground wire and antenna loop...actually sounds to me like you have a prob with your output somewhere, dmc. Good luck!
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2014, 06:28 PM »
Check to make sure your speakers are phased properly, + to + and - to -. Are your output ohms matching the speakers? Ie; 4 ohm, 8 ohm, etc. That shouldn't really matter, though. Check your ground wire and antenna loop...actually sounds to me like you have a prob with your output somewhere, dmc. Good luck!
thanks Reb ill give that a try.

Offline fish-kabob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2014, 06:40 PM »
any error codes when this happens? if there are check the user manual they give a description of what can and will be wrong when this happens. it could be this or what rebelss said and maybe check for a screw / nail  threw the speaker wires causing them to ground out if all else fails?  usually there is good description of errors that come up as a error code or not in the use manual for the radio... 

Offline PaWhiskerWacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2014, 05:42 PM »
Is it an HD radio?  Sounds like it may be looking for an hd station and there may not be one, maybe you can turn hd off.  My sony will scan channel to channel until you tell it to stop. Maybe a short in your antenna. I would try a new antenna 1st.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2014, 06:31 PM »
You have an internal problem with the head unit. There are no external factors that effect the radio's ability to control it's internal amp. Time to exchange it for a new one... Hopefully your still warranted. Good luck.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.