Author Topic: Facebook page..  (Read 3035 times)

Offline KLR1968

• IceShanty Rookie
Facebook page..
« on: Sep 13, 2019, 11:22 AM »
Hey guys, I found a Facebook page called "Trick your hub". Check it out. Has some really good ideas for us guys that like our pop up shelters.

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Facebook page..
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2019, 12:06 PM »
Nice, I just joined, thanks for sharing

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2019, 02:30 PM »
Right on!  I just requested.  There's a different one called Trick Your Trap as well.
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Sep 13, 2019, 03:21 PM »
Trick your trap group is  very popular and good group, 25 thousand members.  Never heard of trick your hub, I'll look at it.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2019, 04:26 PM »
Trick your trap is a good page. Only bad thing is that it is ran by some people that work for Otter, and if you say anything negative about them or post an Otter issue, they delete it. Even if it’s a legit honest post. May even ban you for it too.

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2019, 09:32 PM »
the talk on shanty about facebook is about as close to facebook as i care to be!!! no facebook here.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2019, 09:41 PM »
the talk on shanty about facebook is about as close to facebook as i care to be!!! no facebook here.
But Facebook is putting these forums out to drown left and right. This is the one forum that is still popping. All other ones, that I’m on anyway, have slowed down a lot. Some of them are as good as dead.

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 14, 2019, 10:05 PM »
x2

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
« Reply #8 on: Sep 15, 2019, 05:29 AM »

x2

Yep. FB is not for me.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Sep 15, 2019, 06:26 AM »
X3. No FB for yours truly.

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Sep 15, 2019, 06:42 AM »
X4 no FB for me .
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #11 on: Sep 15, 2019, 06:46 AM »
Or me!!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #12 on: Sep 15, 2019, 08:42 AM »
IS is my Facebook!!  :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: ;)2
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #13 on: Sep 15, 2019, 09:04 AM »
Yeah IS is my fb too.i dont have or need Facebook..

Offline smitty0312

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Build A Smitty Sled.......it's a back & lung saver
« Reply #14 on: Sep 15, 2019, 09:39 AM »
I checked it out.....pretty cool
[email protected] if you don't have a FB account.....or search "The Original Smitty Sled" on FB....thank you

Offline Ice Thunder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Sep 15, 2019, 10:05 AM »
I AM on Facebook, but here's my take:

For those of my generation who do not, and cannot, comprehend why Facebook exists: I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles of Facebook.

Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passers by what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, where I'm going fishing, what I will do later and with whom.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog, my fishing, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.

I also listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them I like them.

And it works just like Facebook

I already have four people following me: two police officers, a private investigator and a psychiatrist.

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Sep 15, 2019, 10:22 AM »
What's Facebook?
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Sep 15, 2019, 05:23 PM »

Ice thunder well said , lol

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Sep 15, 2019, 05:43 PM »

For those of my generation who do not, and cannot, comprehend why Facebook exists: I am trying to make friends outside of Facebook while applying the same principles of Facebook.

Therefore, every day I walk down the street and tell passers by what I have eaten, how I feel at the moment, what I have done the night before, where I'm going fishing, what I will do later and with whom.

I give them pictures of my family, my dog, my fishing, and of me gardening, taking things apart in the garage, watering the lawn, standing in front of landmarks, driving around town, having lunch, and doing what anybody and everybody does every day.

I also listen to their conversations, give them the "thumbs up" and tell them I like them.

I already have four people following me: two police officers, a private investigator and a psychiatrist.
Lmao!!  But ya no facebook for me either

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Sep 15, 2019, 09:20 PM »

That’s not how FB is at all. To me, it’s a good way to see what’s going on in the fishing community. Also it’s a good way to see what’s going on with my friends and most importantly, family. The annoying person you described, don’t really exist on FB anymore.

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Sep 15, 2019, 10:06 PM »
As for family and friends, just pick up the phone and call them, they might appreciate it.  Everyone doesn't need to know my business.

Offline SteveTheChimneySweep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Sep 22, 2019, 08:08 PM »
I am not a big fan of face book either, but it does keep the wife from talking my ear off during the football game.

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #22 on: Sep 23, 2019, 07:37 AM »
Had an account years ago. My wife insisted. Never used it. Year or so ago tried to go on it for something, don't remember what, and got a message saying I was not allowed on FB. I thought kool one less thing to worry about!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline DLB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Sep 23, 2019, 08:16 AM »
I don't get the "I don't wanna read what so and so is doing" whining.  If one doesn't like what is posted on Facebook, I suggest two things.....(a) don't read it or (b) call the police and report the person who is forcing you to read it.  I find useful information on subjects that appeal to me.  Its just another tool to be used and its free.
You can observe alot by watching.
Yogi Berra

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #24 on: Sep 24, 2019, 02:32 PM »
I don't get the "I don't wanna read what so and so is doing" whining.  If one doesn't like what is posted on Facebook, I suggest two things.....(a) don't read it or (b) call the police and report the person who is forcing you to read it.  I find useful information on subjects that appeal to me.  Its just another tool to be used and its free.
Don’t think anyone has said they are being forced to do anything! Don’t think anyone was complaining about the content on Facebook. You like it good for you. I like inline reels some folks would not pick one up. So just saying to each their own. Ain’t nobody’s business but my own.
Keep it safe! JDL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.