Author Topic: 13 Fishings New ice rod called The Tickle Stick  (Read 33334 times)

Offline ice88

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 13 Fishings New ice rod called The Tickle Stick
« Reply #90 on: Nov 06, 2015, 12:38 PM »
Well I picked up two of them is ultra light and super light I used one yesterday in the boat seem to work good can't wait till ice

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #91 on: Nov 09, 2015, 06:29 AM »
13 has changed tip design this year , I pick a 27" light up at the Dakota Angler show  the rep explain the deal with the tip saying they took away one guide and changed the spacing plus guides are larger .
Paired it with a 6061 Betty     

Offline Leather

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LEATHERWOOD OUTDOORS YOUTUBE VIDEOS!!!!!
« Reply #92 on: Nov 23, 2015, 08:49 PM »
Love these rods. I'll have a video posted at the end of this post.
 Used a 23UL as my main last year with a quantum reel and 3 lbs mono and slammed everything up to several 17 inch channel cats. ( not saying that the rod couldnt handle anything bigger) Caught on of my biggest crappies under ice with it also last year.
I was semi-rough on this rod. should have never carried it the way I did ( in a bucket, threw it in the back seat of my truck with junk piled on top) but I never broke it.  Will definitely be buying a better carrying system for this upcoming season.
Yeah,the eyes would freeze up when fishing outside in -20 wind chills but that never bothered me to stick the tip of the rod in my mouth for a whopping .05 of a second to thaw it out.
 The cold wont hurt it.  Could there be a possibility that the new 27"UL and the new 38"L that I just bought could have manufacturing defects...sure.
Only time will tell on those rods.
Now I have an arsenal of tickles ;D
Paired the one up also with a 6061 betty.  Looks awesome.
TIPS for TICKLE STICK:
#1 Get a good REEL! 
#2 Make sure to set your drag correctly.
I have ripped this little rod with 3lb test and never broke off once all season.  Drag is key.
#3  Light, small diameter, tough line.
 Dont put 7 lb test on a 23UL.  Youll have freeze ups more often and if you dont have your drag set, yes, you could snap your rod.
#4 Store and Carry correctly. 
Anything is better than carrying them in a bucket like I did last season and that was a stupid thing I did, yet, I got away with it.

I hate seeing bad reviews of something when 1 if not all of these things were not applied to the rod.

Watch this video then click the video at the end for more footage of me using my tickle stick last season.

Offline GBR

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Nov 25, 2015, 11:19 AM »
I have been really temped to try one of these. They just seem a little over priced to me. I saved $15 and went with the snitch, the meatstick is also a great rod for $15 less. Or you can spend about $15-20 more can start getting into custom rods.

Offline jthod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Nov 25, 2015, 11:42 AM »
exactly.  I just didn't think it was worth the $50 I spent on it.

Offline PikeFisherman325

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Dec 23, 2015, 02:10 PM »
I have the 13 fishing tickle stick rod and love it except that its only for more shack fishing than hole hopping because the guides freeze up! :tipup: :) :tipup: :)

Offline kingPhoenix

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #96 on: Jan 27, 2016, 01:35 PM »
Just got my tickle stick, sooo sensitive, suxs that it ices up when outside but other than that its amazing.  caught over 40 perch my first time using it.  Had some guys I met fishing right outside my hut and they caught 10 between the 3 of them, even gave em the bait i was using.

Was really surprised at how light the bite was from the big fish, caught about a dozen 10-13".

Its expensive but after using it im going to pick up another one.

Offline SwampRat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Jan 28, 2016, 11:16 AM »
I got mine last year and just used on a local pond to try. Caught a 3 inch crappie on it, man its a great rod for the light bites.
><(((,(((,(@>   j````````j`````````j```````````

><(((,(@>
                                     ><(((,(@>

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.