Author Topic: Anyone use rod socks?  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Anyone use rod socks?
« Reply #30 on: Nov 17, 2019, 03:30 PM »
mbart how did you cut the grooves just a hack saw or dremel? I like the idea just dont own many tools ;D

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Nov 17, 2019, 04:07 PM »
I make my own but rarely use them....all my custom rods are tossed in a bucket for transport lol never had an issue

Catchin' Fish

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #32 on: Nov 17, 2019, 07:30 PM »
Wondering if this would help with use in conjunction with a rod tube case for less tangles primarily on tickle stick rods? Fragile tips.

Here is what I found out from my experiances.

Rod socks suck. They get hooked and tangled on lures, and eyelets.

Rod tube back cases are worse then no case at all, they always are hooking the Rod eyes, lures and other crap in the material. Also they don't protect rods and reels all that well.

One of the Rod tube cases I had actually snaped and broke the rods in it. The tube in it was a thin brittle tube. I replaced it with a PVC and it worked better.

The BEST Rod case I have had to date was a red PVC MTM case. I put some white foam padding on both sides of the case, and absolutley love it. It rides in my flame flipover with stuff banging around going across the lake and works like a charm.

I had a smaller canvas Scheels case like it, but the canvas doesn't protect near has well has the PVC.

I got the chrome clam Rod case and really like it, the only bad part is the chrome sheets get dented really ease. It does protect rods great though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.