Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: lake Colchester norwalk iowa?????  (Read 3884 times)

Offline cowboytrevor21

• IceShanty Rookie
lake Colchester norwalk iowa?????
« on: Dec 12, 2012, 07:14 PM »
I am told this is a great lake to fish but I can't find anywhere whether its open to the public or not any information would be appreciated it starting to sound like nobodys allowed to fish it.

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
Re: lake Colchester norwalk iowa?????
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2012, 07:29 PM »
You have to buy a membership and its like $300 if I remember right. There was a kid that used to be on here that would post about it all the time. He's obviously not on the board here yet or decided not to come back.

Offline Dan Kent

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: lake Colchester norwalk iowa?????
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2012, 08:12 PM »
Squ1rr31 is right. Its a private lake for local association members. I spoke with the head of the association last year and he said you could purchase a membership for around $300. Maybe a little more. My father-in-law is an association member but doesnt usually fish. When i visit he is supposed to be with me to fish or the guy will try to run you out. The fishing can be pretty good for crappies. Theres a lot of catfish in their too. A lot of 11-12 inch crappies if your in the right spot.  I usually take my ice gear with me to christmas when we visit except for last year and it looks like this year too there wont be enough ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.