Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: i got a mounter! need a good taxidermist!  (Read 4124 times)

Offline Knoodles

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: i got a mounter! need a good taxidermist!
« Reply #30 on: Feb 20, 2012, 03:49 PM »
Listen, here's the deal. I've read a large number of DB comments and have kept a civil tongue. For whatever reason, this was the straw that broke the camel's back.  So, in honor of your defense, I will post another DB comment.  EVERY time I see one or a defense/attack I will post another. This is fun, I have time, and let's be honest Esox has provided plenty of cannon fodder.

Here is the first example. Keep it up and more will follow. Some from this board some from others. As to my fish catching ability, it's probably up for debate but I've caught a few.

Example Number one from Tommy Topper, errrr EM (try to read this without falling over laughing, I double dog dare you):

[color=red]"Nice muskie but in all reality getting to be the norm in the muskie world, CPR has made the once 50" fish of a lifetime just another 50. We put 6 in the boat over 50 in 09 alone and have a few guys in the club that put several over 50 in their boats in 2010. To an outsider 50 is huge but as a muskie addict I see them weekly all season long and many pushing the 60" mark."[/color]

I think the topper needs there own thread.  This is funny as hell and would be great to see all the topper quotes.

Offline Knoodles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 20, 2012, 03:55 PM »
Listen, here's the deal. I've read a large number of DB comments and have kept a civil tongue. For whatever reason, this was the straw that broke the camel's back.  So, in honor of your defense, I will post another DB comment.  EVERY time I see one or a defense/attack I will post another. This is fun, I have time, and let's be honest Esox has provided plenty of cannon fodder.

Here is the first example. Keep it up and more will follow. Some from this board some from others. As to my fish catching ability, it's probably up for debate but I've caught a few.

Example Number one from Tommy Topper, errrr EM (try to read this without falling over laughing, I double dog dare you):

[color=red]"Nice muskie but in all reality getting to be the norm in the muskie world, CPR has made the once 50" fish of a lifetime just another 50. We put 6 in the boat over 50 in 09 alone and have a few guys in the club that put several over 50 in their boats in 2010. To an outsider 50 is huge but as a muskie addict I see them weekly all season long and many pushing the 60" mark."[/color]

On a side note to this, when will people realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder?????  This really gets bad in whitetail hunting and rack size.  If you land it, shoot it, trap it, whatever it, and it is trophy to you great.  It is about our individual experience not what somone else tells us is our trophy.

I threw a couple of fish back that were an inch or so from what my buddies and I think is "trophy size" and I kick myself on occasion.  Best example was a 38" Northern bagged on a tip up.  We consider 40 the "trophy" size so I let it go.  Well I have never caught another gator even close to that big again and I often wonder how nice that 2" short fish would look on my wall.  I dont target Northern a lot so to me the 38 incher was a hog and trophy.  At least I have a few picks to remember the time. 

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 20, 2012, 04:43 PM »
Nice fish man that things a beast bet she put up a tussle.  I got one just shy of 16 about 5 yrs back and still kick myself to this day for not mounting it.  Better get that one on the wall for sure.  @)

Best ive got since then was a skinny minnie 12er

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #33 on: Feb 22, 2012, 08:21 PM »
Great fish I got one that long but mine barely weighed 2 lbs yours is a huge chunky one put it on wall with your cool pike nice mounts great job ;D ;D ;D ;D
Never to many short poles

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.