The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Dillenbeck Bay on Friday  (Read 2505 times)

Offline Bruscus

• IceShanty Rookie
Dillenbeck Bay on Friday
« on: Jan 18, 2008, 07:18 PM »
There's 6" of good ice in the bay.  A few pike came to the hole - nothing big - average about 5 lbs.  Good clean fish with no slime or lamprey hits.
No vehicles out yet but good walking since the snow's gone.

Should be a good weekend.

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Dillenbeck Bay on Friday
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2008, 06:42 PM »
That's music to my ears, I'll be heading up there in 3 weeks.  Too long of a ride if there isn't much ice.

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bruscus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2008, 06:34 AM »
We've got below 0 temps coming in this week so the ice should be building up now.  Where do you plan to fish?
I'm on the north east side of North Hero.

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2008, 07:02 AM »
We usually hit Dillenback.  We used to go to the south side of Kelly but so many people in there makes it hard to get a spot.  We are considering going to Mississquoi because we've never fished there before.  Only problem is I know nothing about it, where to get on, etc.

Offline Smada_Evad

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I fish Therfore I am
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2008, 09:13 AM »
Fished Dillenbeck on Monday (MLK Day) Had an awesome day, took my 12 year old sister out with me, we caught 11 pike and 1 pickerel...4 pike were over 6lbs and the biggest one that my sister caught was 9lbs. we chased flags all day and we were the only one on the bay.  Fished on 6 - 8 inches of black ice. 

DA

Tight Lines and Full Buckets

Offline Bruscus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2008, 12:33 PM »
We usually hit Dillenback.  We used to go to the south side of Kelly but so many people in there makes it hard to get a spot.  We are considering going to Mississquoi because we've never fished there before.  Only problem is I know nothing about it, where to get on, etc.
You can get on Missisquoi Bay at the state access on the west side of the new bridge, or up the west shore and down lake street to the pumphouse.  Another good spot is north off Route 78 (first left after crossing the bridge from Alburgh) and in near the camps to Sandy Point.

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2008, 06:42 PM »
Thanks for the info Bruscus.  We'll definitely check venture over there.  I've been wanting to head there for a few years, but Dillenback has treated us good, we were hesitant to switch. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.