Author Topic: catching bait  (Read 989 times)

Offline jebra

• Team IceShanty Addict
catching bait
« on: Dec 20, 2008, 05:27 PM »
 ???While we are all sitting around waiting for the ice to form I thought this would be a good time to check in with guys that have experience catching their own shiners/chubs/suckers. Can this be done after the ice has formed in the same lakes that you fish?? What's the best way to go about it?? Thanks! :tipup:

Offline Paul D.

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: catching bait
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2008, 08:54 PM »
We have varied sucess jigging spikes on small jigs or dry fly hooks (#14 thru #20) in weed beds for medium shinners, and on the bottom in the river back waters for spottails. Depending on a number of factors, so days are great, and others are slow. When you find um ; get while the getting is good!!!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2008, 09:01 PM »
???While we are all sitting around waiting for the ice to form I thought this would be a good time to check in with guys that have experience catching their own shiners/chubs/suckers. Can this be done after the ice has formed in the same lakes that you fish?? What's the best way to go about it?? Thanks! :tipup:
i catch a variety of bait in the creeks by my house chubs suckers dace scullpins minnows and guppies   lol i siene while traps are workin too cold to siene throw in traps at dark pick up in the am use cans o cat food with holes in the cans for scent there are tons of old posts in the bait section my thought does anyone catch bait in lakes in western pa   mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline KAJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2008, 11:57 AM »
Go look at RI forums. There is a great thread, and a cool video from Blaine!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.