Maryland > Ice Fishing Maryland and West Virginia

Ice Update 12-8-2003

<< < (3/3)

Jim_C.:
Genz Man and Ice Nutter, I wish you luck with your ice.  This is NOTHING like the good ice making we had in Central Maine last year!  I got out for the 1st time on 12/14.  The first spot I tried didn't work at well.  I broke through while trying to get on the lake over a marshy area! I think the ice on the main lake would have been OK, but I was too wet to continue. I got some dry clothes and tried a different pond. Stayed dry this time.  There was maybe 6" of ice (half black/half refreeze) over the creek channel at 14 feet of water.  It was thinning as I headed further out. I did "break the ice" (probably the wrong term to use) for the season with a mixed bag of 10 fish - good sized picks, largies, and some yellow perch.

Ice making conditions are POOR even here.  I am concerned about the trout opener on the big, deep lakes on Jan. 1.  May not make it even up here.  Be careful down there, boys!

Jim C.

genz_man:
We are waiting till good ice down this way Jim. We are heading to gander this afternoon I think to possibly get our new shanties. :'( Thanks for the info icenutter. I want to go ice fishing cause my fever is at an all time high  >:( Just antsy a little huh?!?! Oh well gotta go to work now. Half day WORKING then off to gander and tons "O" tackle!!! Hey FDC are you making some safe ice for us to head out your way yet ??? :'(  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version