Connecticut > Ice Fishing Connecticut

Mum's the word?

(1/4) > >>

Global Warming in CT:
I get that no one wants to advertise their spots in a season like this, but this board has been boring! I know some people got out in CT this weekend. Where's all the reports and pics? I'll get the ball rolling...
Armed with some good intel, I took the 1:40 ride to the Goshen area on Sunday with two of my daughters. We found 7-8" of good ice and they pulled in a bunch of pickerel and a few small bass. No monsters but it was great to get out for the first time this season and wet some lines. The kids had fun skating up to flags and the conditions were near perfect. It was good to scratch the itch.

AllBusiness:
Glad you were able to get out and get some fish for your girls! Even though I haven't drove around, I'm shocked there was that much ice. I can still put goose decoy stakes in the ground.     

TheOutdoorsmanCT:
I agree Global Warming! Not a lot of chatter or pics being shared. I am on this website multiple times daily now that winter is here and ice fishing season is going, not a lot of action. I enjoy seeing new threads and wish people would share more as well! Just like to see some pictures! I have been out ice fishing a lot this year in Connecticut. One Just needs to drive around, scout and locate safe ice to fish on. That being said, LOTS OF PEOPLE OUT ICE FISHING THESE LOCATIONS.

eiderz:
I wish I had something to add, but I have not been on the ice in CT. No doubt the NW, and probably NE corner have ice. Not gonna be a year for the books though.

lowaccord66:
I saw ice near me go from fishable to dangerous in just a day.  I saw a decent group on a local trout spot.  That ice will be shot by Wednesday/Thursday.  I was going to deploy tonight but the ice consistency is whack and night time is not the right time to be messing with junk ice. That said theres nothing to discuss. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version