Iowa > Ice Fishing Iowa

2023 Okoboji Area reports.

(1/6) > >>

Mr.Seaguar:
Ritz has a lot of bluegills and crappies with a lot of sorting, dirty water. Smith Bay has a lot of people but I fished several holes and never saw a fish over 4 inches, clear water.  Emerson is like the Ritz, only with clear water.

drunkfisherman88:
Fished Eagles point Friday night, No fish. went to Smith yesterday morning marked a few fish but no bites. Fished just west of stony point in the 20 foot section caught a lot of small Perch and walleye nothing over 6 inches. Finished Saturday night at Emerson with a giant crowd I was right and we need to find weeds. People are catching bluegill and I saw some small Pike on Tips. This morning we’re on Pocahontas . 9 to 12 feet of water lots of weeds marking fish but only two 9 inch bluegill.

Mr.Seaguar:
Fished the north end of West today. Bite is good, sorting there also, I was in the crowd, maybe 15' of water, probably a little less. Water pretty clear, you could see your bait disappear and kinda see the fish. Millers has a few fish but not many and not very big. I tried several places looking for fish but I never found very many.

drunkfisherman88:
We ended up at Pocahontas point from 2 to 7 PM limited out on bluegill minimum 8 to 10.5 between two guys, caught a fair amount of bass n small crappie too.  9 to 11 feet of water in heavy weeds

Fish Butcher:

--- Quote from: drunkfisherman88 on Jan 01, 2023, 07:12 PM ---We ended up at Pocahontas point from 2 to 7 PM limited out on bluegill minimum 8 to 10.5 between two guys, caught a fair amount of bass n small crappie too.  9 to 11 feet of water in heavy weeds

--- End quote ---
Like to see pictures of over 10 inch okoboji bluegills please.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version