Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

Curing frozen Minnows

<< < (2/3) > >>

anglerbrian:

--- Quote from: Rebelss on Nov 17, 2022, 11:10 AM ---Hoo boy, bad idea, regardless of what some people say, Winter fluid is a concentrate of methyl alcohol, aka Methanol, and that is....

Methanol (CH3OH) is a very toxic alcohol that is found in various household, automotive, and industrial agents. Methanol exposure can be extremely dangerous, with significant morbidity and mortality if left untreated. 

Besides possibly being illegal, and introducing this into a waterway, I sure wouldn't do it.  Just my .02

--- End quote ---
Millions of gallons of this stuff gets thrown into the roadways every winter season. Methyl alcohol. I guess  I will try a few batches with Vodka instead, one sip for me one for the minnows LOL

Remps17:
I did the drunken minnow thing last few years with cheap vodka. Worked out well. I still prefer to fry them on a wire rack and salt them down for 6-10 hours.

Rebelss:

--- Quote from: anglerbrian on Nov 17, 2022, 08:54 PM --- Millions of gallons of this stuff gets thrown into the roadways every winter season. Methyl alcohol. I guess  I will try a few batches with Vodka instead, one sip for me one for the minnows LOL

--- End quote ---

No they don't. That spray is manufactured salt brine. Go ahead and have those drinks. Good luck.

anglerbrian:

--- Quote from: Rebelss on Nov 28, 2022, 06:59 AM ---No they don't. That spray is manufactured salt brine. Go ahead and have those drinks. Good luck.

--- End quote ---
No that spray comes out of every vehicle that uses winter grade washer fluid try not to be a jerk. Then it makes it's way to the roads it doesn't magically stay on the vehicle.. Most of this just evaporates into the atmosphere. I did try the fluid method once they are dried and frozen there would only be trace amounts.
It really doesn't matter because after trying it the salted minnows are much better.
 Have a nice Day!

Rebelss:
You too, skippy! Go enjoy a drink and some minnows on crackers!! 🐡

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version