Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

Lake Diefenbaker 2022-2023

<< < (8/16) > >>

EVAN NIM:
Thanks a bunch

AverageAngler:
Have never fished the southern end of diefenbaker before but wanting to make the drive down there this weekend. Was thinking beaver flats area. Any tips?

small-town-fisher:
Good morning guys just thought I'd put a feeler out to how the fishing has been on coteau bay lately heading up for this weekend.

justdontgetskunked:
I just want to say thanks again to the fisherman on Coteau Bay that let us borrow his auger yesterday when we were having issues with ours. My brother and I ice fish regularly but yesterday we brought out a couple family members who rarely ever get out on the ice. Of course, Murphy's Law kicks in and our auger doesn't want to work. So I drive back towards the boat launch where there are several people fishing and hope that some generous, trusting person would let me borrow their auger. Luckily I found one. I left my cell phone with him so he knew I wasn't going to take off with his nice Ion Alpha. I drilled our six holes, returned his auger and we had a fun day on the lake. Saw tons of small perch and a few nice walleye on camera but only a handful of eater size Perch ended up on the ice. Regardless of the slow fishing it was a great day thanks to the generous fisherman who let us use his auger. Thanks again. Maybe we need an Ion Alpha as well 😁

sparksNfishing:

--- Quote from: justdontgetskunked on Feb 05, 2023, 09:12 AM ---I just want to say thanks again to the fisherman on Coteau Bay that let us borrow his auger yesterday when we were having issues with ours. My brother and I ice fish regularly but yesterday we brought out a couple family members who rarely ever get out on the ice. Of course, Murphy's Law kicks in and our auger doesn't want to work. So I drive back towards the boat launch where there are several people fishing and hope that some generous, trusting person would let me borrow their auger. Luckily I found one. I left my cell phone with him so he knew I wasn't going to take off with his nice Ion Alpha. I drilled our six holes, returned his auger and we had a fun day on the lake. Saw tons of small perch and a few nice walleye on camera but only a handful of eater size Perch ended up on the ice. Regardless of the slow fishing it was a great day thanks to the generous fisherman who let us use his auger. Thanks again. Maybe we need an Ion Alpha as well 😁

--- End quote ---

Always great when you find a helpful human. I've been on both sides of auger issues, having my day saved and saving others day.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version