Author Topic: Potential New State Record Brown Trout - West Hill Trout Slay Day  (Read 3660 times)

Offline dbarnum24

• IceShanty Rookie
My brother caught this fish of a lifetime on the potential last day of ice fishing this season in CT. My middle brother recorded the 5 min long fight and I landed the fish at the hole. 30” and 15+ lbs in 2 ft of water. While the record is 27.5 and this fish was 30 inches, we didn't have a bump board or even a tape with us to make the catch official. Looking back at it, I should have called DEEP to come check it out as we used our jet sled as a livewell and the fish was in great condition. I know that it is a stocked Seeforellen, but still an unreal fight nonetheless. It was caught using a 26 inch ultralight meant for panfish and small trout on a 1/16oz tungsten jig with a soft plastic trailer. This fish is unofficially the state record brown trout for length. All three of us combined for 68 fish, all caught jigging, in under 3 hours. Day to remember!

Offline PerchMan45

• Team IceShanty Regular
Great day! Congratulations

Offline westfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Congrats - how about a pic

Offline dbarnum24

• IceShanty Rookie
Post Image is giving me hassles. It won't upload any of my pictures. Any suggestions? If you want to see pictures you can go to my FishBrain @devanbarnum

Offline Ranger275

• IceShanty Rookie
I went to Fishbrain and checked it out, damn!! That is a nice fish. I was on East Twin Saturday and caught a 4.5 pound brown and thought that was big lol!. What a way to end the season, congrats!

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice fish , way to end the season ;D

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
Well done. Did u guys release it?
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline dbarnum24

• IceShanty Rookie
Released and it kicked off strong. We actually emptied the gear out of the Jet Sled and used it as a livewell to get good pics and keep the fish healthy.

Offline pepperdawg

• IceShanty Rookie
Well Done - Nice end of season stoke!!!!

Hooked jaws rock!!!!

Offline Big Cleo

• IceShanty Rookie
That is an an amazing fish, what a kype on him. Congratulations

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity

Congrats

Offline IceDog88

• Team IceShanty Addict
Nice to see someone get one of those monsters. Great job in getting him back in the water

Offline GordonL

• IceShanty Rookie
Congratulations, must have been an amazing fight on a light jigging rod!

Offline hardfloor

• Team IceShanty Regular
Great fish. Not many fishers ever get that kind of fish, myself included but not even close to the record brown. Not
 to take anything away from your catch but lots of bigger stocked see'4s have been landed the last few years

Offline robertlbelrose

• IceShanty Rookie
They should start bringing the fish in to weight or bring a tape with them then... the weight record for Sea Run Browns in Ct is 10 lbs 8 oz, and the length record in Ct for Brown Trout ( it doesn't have a listing specific to Sea Run ) is 27.5". Nice fish, I almost went there that day too and would have had a tape.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Great fish. Not many fishers ever get that kind of fish, myself included but not even close to the record brown. Not
 to take anything away from your catch but lots of bigger stocked see'4s have been landed the last few years

Im with you.  Novelty fish really.  Still awesome to see but personally prefer giant holdovers like a lake north of east twin has.

Offline earlyrise

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wow NICE FISH !!!

Offline FishingPhotographer

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
You’re not fooling me, I’m a professional photographer and know photoshop when I see it. That’s a striped bass in a brown trout’s clothing. ;-)

Nice fish!

My brother caught this fish of a lifetime on the potential last day of ice fishing this season in CT. My middle brother recorded the 5 min long fight and I landed the fish at the hole. 30” and 15+ lbs in 2 ft of water. While the record is 27.5 and this fish was 30 inches, we didn't have a bump board or even a tape with us to make the catch official. Looking back at it, I should have called DEEP to come check it out as we used our jet sled as a livewell and the fish was in great condition. I know that it is a stocked Seeforellen, but still an unreal fight nonetheless. It was caught using a 26 inch ultralight meant for panfish and small trout on a 1/16oz tungsten jig with a soft plastic trailer. This fish is unofficially the state record brown trout for length. All three of us combined for 68 fish, all caught jigging, in under 3 hours. Day to remember!

I should’ve chosen Fishin’Mortician as my username… ;-)

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
Great catch. Congrats.
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline gunvault

• IceShanty Rookie
  Awesome fish, GREAT Job and great pictures, congrats on the release, must have been hard to let go??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.