Author Topic: looking for suggestions  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Icicle92

• IceShanty Rookie
looking for suggestions
« on: Jan 23, 2022, 10:14 AM »
Took the family out on bow yesterday. Not much luck. Looking for better spots in the area. Jeness, pleasant in Deerfield. Northwood lake.

Any help would be appreciated

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: looking for suggestions
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2022, 12:36 PM »
You just named all the ones around it? Why not fish them and find out? Report back with which was best so we can all go next week. All of us and our family’s would appreciate that.
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline rmoody79

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2022, 12:39 PM »
There is a reason you are allowed to fish 5 lines in the winter

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2022, 12:41 PM »
6 anywhere he mentioned
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Tony Thunder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2022, 01:17 PM »
Please please help me tell me where the fish are…… please……. Have kids…. Needs to have good access…. Please…

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2022, 01:26 PM »
Please please help me tell me where the fish are…… please……. Have kids…. Needs to have good access…. Please…
;D

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 23, 2022, 03:24 PM »
;D

And there's a newick lobstah shack next door.
Salmonemia

Offline Iceblack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2022, 04:44 PM »
No won’t get any help from this site

Offline Icicle92

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2022, 04:55 PM »

I never asked about access and I never asked for an idiots reply. Thanks

Offline Icicle92

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2022, 05:02 PM »
You just named all the ones around it? Why not fish them and find out? Report back with which was best so we can all go next week. All of us and our family’s would appreciate that.

If I had the time to go and fish every lake in New Hampshire I wouldn’t be asking. All I was trying to do is put the kids on a productive body of water to have some fun and catch a few fish so they would want to continue to go. I was out yesterday and we worked all day on bow without any fish.

With that being said we ended up going to Jenness today. We could see schools coming through about 5ft below the ice but the perch didn’t have any interest in our jigs or shiners.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 23, 2022, 05:04 PM »
Start off on a small pond that has bass and pickeral. Thatll keep kids interested. 
Salmonemia

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 23, 2022, 05:06 PM »
There is a reason you are allowed to fish 5 lines in the winter
Your thinking Mass.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 23, 2022, 05:25 PM »
With that being said we ended up going to Jenness today. We could see schools coming through about 5ft below the ice but the perch didn’t have any interest in our jigs or shiners.

Hey, that's the way to do it!  2 days/2 ponds.  At the current rate, you'll be up to 4 ponds in no time.  And you'll hit 'em on a good day eventually.

If the perch are coming thru, you can see them + they won't eat....that's a tough bite.  If someone recommended Jenness yesterday, you might think it sucked today.

I've fished all of the ponds you mentioned, can confirm they all have fish.  Just have to hit the right spot on the right day at the right time.

Also, I agree w/ Salmonemia...if you just want some action for the kids...smaller ponds may be a better choice.  Less places for the fish to hide.

Good luck!   :tipup:

Offline Icicle92

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 24, 2022, 07:34 AM »
Hey, that's the way to do it!  2 days/2 ponds.  At the current rate, you'll be up to 4 ponds in no time.  And you'll hit 'em on a good day eventually.

If the perch are coming thru, you can see them + they won't eat....that's a tough bite.  If someone recommended Jenness yesterday, you might think it sucked today.

I've fished all of the ponds you mentioned, can confirm they all have fish.  Just have to hit the right spot on the right day at the right time.

Also, I agree w/ Salmonemia...if you just want some action for the kids...smaller ponds may be a better choice.  Less places for the fish to hide.

Good luck!   :tipup:

Thanks Jigmaster. I think we’ll try jenness a few more times before we try a new body. The fish are there and they weren’t interested in what we had. Jigs/shiners. Maybe switch up for some grubs/worms or some soft plastics and try again next weekend.

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2022, 10:27 AM »
PM sent

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.