Author Topic: Furber Point South Wolfeboro Bay  (Read 760 times)

Offline WizBang

• IceShanty Rookie
Furber Point South Wolfeboro Bay
« on: Jan 23, 2022, 09:08 AM »
Howdy Gang,
Im taking my 3 kids on our annual ice trip over Feb vacation.  We have gone to N Hero VT the last several years but couldnt get a reservation this year.  I am looking at a place near Furber Point in Wolfeboro.  My kids are young so I generally need to be close to the house and stay put.  I have a decent shanty setup etc.  That being said, does anyone know this end of the lake and specifically this bay?  Any tips?

I haven't committed to that property yet...any other ideas for an easy setup and getting on the ice in NH?

Thanks

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Furber Point South Wolfeboro Bay
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2022, 12:38 PM »
How about a small 6 trap pond in front of a house? That would make sense for 3 young kids who can’t go far from camp and would want action. Winni sounds like a horrible idea. It’s def “ for the kids”
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Serveert

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2022, 10:36 PM »
Hey wizbang.  Can give you some info and advice.  I found a place near Furber Point, was there twice last year, once so far this year and three more trips planned.

Last year Friday, two guys for a quick two hours, no flags
Saturday, 7 guys we got everyone on a fish on a full day, 5 lakers, 2 daytime cusk
This past Saturday, Bruins and football and realized I was a girlything, too cold
Sunday, me the missus and two girls for 5 hours, zero flags
Monday, went from blizzard to sunny and felt like 50, zero flags.

My girls are 11 and 12 now and they (wo)man their own traps.  We just spent a weekend without a flag but had a lot of fun.  If you need flags it's a tough call, Winni can be mean.  We had ice out in front of us that looked liked Kosovo yet ice to the side that was glass and made for good "hole hockey" games.  Unlike a lot of guys who post here who I respect to the gills, I don't jig much....mostly a function of entertaining either the fam or groups of non fisherman friends all the time...so if that's your m/o you might have success there.  Look me up if you land there...we'll be up the first few days of Mass feb vaca.

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2022, 09:45 AM »
Can't add much more than what's already been said above...but I'd expect slower fishing than Champlain.

Good luck!  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.