Connecticut > Ice Fishing Connecticut

Gardner 1/16

(1/2) > >>

wrx2017:
Got out to Gardner lake today. The ice had a few open areas. And spots that just froze over last night. Other than that the ice was a consistent 5 where I checked. Managed a nice bass, some perch, and handful of walleyes, one one Walter was over 18. Great day on the ice.

eiderz:
I was there. Never seen so many small open areas spread around the lake. In spots where I haven't seen them before. I'm not going back until there's a few more days of cold weather. Nerve wracking coming in at night.

wrx2017:
I saw you headed out. I was more surprised to see the side by side and atv out there ripping around.

eiderz:

--- Quote from: wrx2017 on Jan 16, 2022, 07:15 PM ---I saw you headed out. I was more surprised to see the side by side and atv out there ripping around.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, those guys are nuts. We broke through once, luckily in shallow water. There are numerous open spots as you go up the lake. They were really tough to see, I hope nobody gets hurt.

hardfloor:
Went out Sat night but did not have anything near 5 inches. Most we had was 3 and the open water spots were everywhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version