Idaho > Ice Fishing Idaho

Treble stuck in my face!!

(1/2) > >>

smitty661:
Kind of a freak thing happened this morning. I work in rathdrum and I got off at 6 am. I got a wild hair to go check the thickness at hauser on my way home. I pulled up to the launch and went to get my auger. When I pulled my sled I had a loose pole that had a spoon with a treble hook on it. The rod tip got stuck on my bed cover as I slid the sled and it loaded up. When it broke free it sent the rod tip/ spoon flying into my face. Buried one of the hooks about 1” below my eye. I headed back to work to give the guys some entertainment and have them cut the spoon off so I didn’t look like I had some strange new piercing pulling down on my lower eyelid. Went to the hospital where they tried to back it out with no luck. They made a small incision to the barb and pulled it out. Be careful out there. Strange things happen. I will start organizing my gear a little better to prevent it from happening again.

maddogg:
Boy you were lucky.

BlueDuck:
Yes you were lucky.  Wish you had dodged it altogether, but very lucky it wasn't any worse then it was.

river_scum:
did same thing but in my eye lid.  sucks when you cant see to get it out eh. lol

aza10:
We’ll how thick’s the ice ??????

But glad you missed you eye!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version