Connecticut > Ice Fishing Connecticut

Ice updates 1/22

<< < (2/16) > >>

PikeKing23:
Doesn't seem like there are too many of us over here in CT. We should try to get together this year if we get safe ice far enough south.
I'm headed to the birks this weekend. See what I find.

fishoninct:
There are a lot of us. Just that most do not post. They look and read but don’t reply, which is fine.

Also, I am happy to get together as it’s a social sport. I host a class trip most years as I’m a teacher. I’ve had close to 100 on my trips. Pretty cool introducing them to a new sport. Kids love it because the tip ups get set and then they play.

Global Warming in CT:
I would be heading to NW corner or the berks today, but I got rooked into coaching my daughter's basketball team. Game every Sat or Sun (or both) so it will put a dent in my scouting/fishing time. I need some ice closer to home!

hardfloor:
I found some "safe" ice locally that I will be on Sunday morning. I will only be fishing 4 fow at the most. Next week I  bet we will all be out.

Global Warming in CT:
I drive by some small ponds in the SE corner today, not checking ice but driving the kids around to sports. Everywhere was still open, probably because of the wind last night. Cold and windless tonight though

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version