Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Shack Tips

New Ice Shack

<< < (2/4) > >>

filetandrelease:

Nice rig and hope you both have a great season 🎣

iceman260:
Nice shack, congrats on retirement, hope you and the wife enjoy it for many years.

eyeflyer:

--- Quote from: eyeflyer on Nov 28, 2021, 04:21 PM ---Just ordered a new ice shack 7x8 pick it up first week in December. Anxious to pick it up and start rigging. My wife fishes with me some but not warm enough for her in the tent. She had a stroke years ago and has some issues with circulation and staying warm. She has the use of both her legs but only 1 arm/hand. Picked her up an electric reel a few years and she has got onto it pretty good.  Gonna be great year on the ice!!!

--- End quote ---

Got the ice shack home last week, hit snow storm there and back so it added about an hour or more to the trip. Been rigging it the last few days with rod holders, lights, fan, shelves etc and other things still coming. Finally decided on the hole placements got one cut out (5) so going to try to get the other 4 cut out today. Hole placement was a bit of challenge as the skis are right by the bench on both sides and one right down the middle. Holes are placed on one side mostly so Pat has room to walk.  Its -20C so going to be a little chilly................ ..but its going to be making ice so that's a good thing. Very roomy inside, bench seats are  19" wide and its 44" across between the seats. Room for 8 to sit with  20" between seating areas, although I doubt we ever have that many in at one time. Its 6'2" high at the roof beam which is my height so got to watch a bit while walking inside. Will paint, add roofing and a couple more windows next summer. Really hoping we have good ice by Dec 15 so trying to get everything done by then. Will be cutting out a slot for two 2x4 to go across all skis front and back for loading, although unit is fairly light and two of us pushed it on to the trailer by hand. My mods are functional not fancy but this unit is going to work out great for us! Looking forward to fishing in comfort........that first fish and that first cup of perked coffee.

Added some rod holders, rod storage, drink trays, coat hooks, tie downs on the floor (in the shack) and hitch setup on front and back. Like I said before not fancy but functional.

Hardwater2:
Nice work!

BlueDuck:
Good one. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version