Author Topic: where is salmonemia  (Read 3690 times)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
where is salmonemia
« on: Nov 23, 2021, 11:04 AM »
Where the heck is Wane... it's time for him to come out of hibernation!
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: where is salmonemia
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23, 2021, 11:30 AM »
He’s around, I’ve spoke to him in the last week :tipup:
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2021, 11:48 AM »
I was wondering if he got abducted by alien ice beings....

you heard from Richard

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2021, 11:49 AM »
Yes, Richard is also around. Fighting the good fight.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2021, 11:52 AM »
Yes, Richard is also around. Fighting the good fight.

Glad to hear that... he is one tough son of a gun...I Miss him.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2021, 07:50 PM »
I'm here Joe. Been busy. I also check in with CD he is hanging in there. Was gonna buy his smitty but they were too long ski wise. Still jigging for crappie and gonna troll for bows on Thanksgiving nothing better to do an weather looks good. Saw some ice in concord today.
Salmonemia

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2021, 09:13 PM »
Nice! Squeezin that last juice out of open water season Wayne. I like it. If it wasn't hunting season, I'd be tempted to do the same
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline hjcrawfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 24, 2021, 06:49 AM »
Glad to hear Richard is around, great guy.

I think we are going to have an early freeze this year, water temp this morning is 41 degrees.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 24, 2021, 08:43 AM »
Glad to hear Richard is around, great guy.

I think we are going to have an early freeze this year, water temp this morning is 41 degrees.

good to see YOU around too... we need a windless stretch to help lock things up.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 24, 2021, 08:46 AM »
I'm here Joe. Been busy. I also check in with CD he is hanging in there. Was gonna buy his smitty but they were too long ski wise. Still jigging for crappie and gonna troll for bows on Thanksgiving nothing better to do an weather looks good. Saw some ice in concord today.

glad to see that... everyone we know is busy because only a few are doing the work of many..

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 24, 2021, 08:50 AM »
If your not busy your either retired or just don't want to work!!
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 24, 2021, 08:53 AM »
glad to see that... everyone we know is busy because only a few are doing the work of many..

Ain't that the truth.... You get a new mechanic yet Joe or are you just doing both jobs?
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Nov 24, 2021, 09:49 AM »

You arent kidding!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 24, 2021, 10:25 AM »
Ain't that the truth.... You get a new mechanic yet Joe or are you just doing both jobs?
Nope. still a one man show doing the work of 3... we have had 4 interviews set up, one guy actually showed. his resume' said he was a supervisor every where he had been, claimed to know everything about everything, I took him into a room where we have a dip coater, he said he had worked on some just like it, at that point I showed him the door.. seeing it was a specialized piece of equipment, I designed and built for a specific need/job... there probably isn't another one on the planet as this was a special job that no one else in this country does that we are aware of..he also claimed to have been a supervisor at the Quincy ship yard... no one leaves that job unless they retire...Monday we had another interview set up.. he didn't show.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 24, 2021, 12:13 PM »
That's a shame Joe, It's amazing how the mindset of so many people can change so quickly... A few years ago that position would have been sought after by legit candidates, now half the damned country has given up. The amount of help wanted signs around is so sad.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Nov 24, 2021, 01:06 PM »
That's a shame Joe, It's amazing how the mindset of so many people can change so quickly... A few years ago that position would have been sought after by legit candidates, now half the damned country has given up. The amount of help wanted signs around is so sad.

a sign of the times my friend, a sign of the times.

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #16 on: Nov 24, 2021, 03:06 PM »
Todays youth does not want to do a god damn thing!! i too have been looking for an apprentice in the maintenance mechanic field we run 3 shifts 6 days a week and its just me. most of the interviews are guys that are ready to retire or kids that want to spend most of their time on the phone. No kids that want to learn a trade anymore. crap more than half the people can't even read a pair of calipers and most are digital.. You watch pretty soon it will cost $1000 just to have a plug replaced or a toilet plunged because of demand and no one wanting to do it...... Sorry we need ice and morning can't come fast enough been chasing a nice buck and only 2 weeks left.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Nov 24, 2021, 03:09 PM »
I’m booked into next June and I’m having trouble finding kids who litterally can’t read a tape measure and I’m willing to give them 20 a hour

I’m just slowly gonna downsize and do me.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 24, 2021, 04:31 PM »
I’m booked into next June and I’m having trouble finding kids who litterally can’t read a tape measure and I’m willing to give them 20 a hour

Pretty sad..and it's not going to get any better.. couldn't believe it when I heard on the news that a football team of 8 year olds were disqualified from the playoffs because they were too good.. what message does that send..

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Nov 24, 2021, 05:19 PM »
Heard that on Weei this am as well... unreal.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Nov 24, 2021, 05:28 PM »
Heard that on Weei this am as well... unreal.
Pussification of america..

Did you get in on any of the spring bass run before the monsoons set in

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Nov 24, 2021, 05:30 PM »
I did not, sadly I only caught a handful of schoolers one am on a job in kittery, time was of the essence. And that Newburyport job got pushed to mid October and I should be done by December 15 so that never materialized either.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 24, 2021, 05:35 PM »
I did not, sadly I only caught a handful of schoolers one am on a job in kittery, time was of the essence. And that Newburyport job got pushed to mid October and I should be done by December 15 so that never materialized either.
It was  busted season, june the best in recent me6, after that a miserable grind, I only got about 30 keeper bugs all year and lost 6 pots.. chock this one up.to paying your dues.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Nov 24, 2021, 08:11 PM »
I did some scouting today and built an a frame structure to protect a Bush from the snow. Agreed we have some lazy youth these days. 
Salmonemia

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #24 on: Nov 25, 2021, 07:24 AM »

Yea when I tell them I need pipe cut to 30 3/8, and I get a blank stare and have to tell them, " three little lines past the big line that says 30."
**censored** just give it to me, I'll do it myself.
Sad part is my company pays 25-30 an hour for kids of this level of "education".
We're screwed as a society. Our great grandfather's would be sick if they witnessed the work ethic of today
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Nov 25, 2021, 08:08 AM »
The really sad part is the "kids" we talk about have plenty of 30, 40, and 50 year olds amongst their ranks... We've given up on hiring at the shop, we just slowed are schedule down to a pace 2 guys can keep up with, customers are understanding enough and it's not like we can get parts quickly anyways...

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Nov 25, 2021, 11:17 AM »
The really sad part is the "kids" we talk about have plenty of 30, 40, and 50 year olds amongst their ranks... We've given up on hiring at the shop, we just slowed are schedule down to a pace 2 guys can keep up with, customers are understanding enough and it's not like we can get parts quickly anyways...

Tou are correct..

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Nov 27, 2021, 07:48 PM »

Jaysum Frank, I'd work for you if I lived closer! I can read all the way down to 2/16ths!

I cringed just typing that.....
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Nov 27, 2021, 08:01 PM »
Haha! Cost of business these days. Not sure if it’s worth it yet. I’d take 2/16ths as a answer, I had a kid i interviewed last week said he was a framer and I had him measure a board and he said 8 and a uhhhh Centimeter? Told him it wasn’t going to work out  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline DRAGIN

• IceShanty Rookie
  • HERE FISHY. FISHY
« Reply #29 on: Nov 28, 2021, 04:08 AM »
Can't figure kids today, everyone should know the length of a board. It's twice the distance from the middle. :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.