Author Topic: Pull over Ice tents  (Read 1451 times)

Offline slicktrick

• IceShanty Rookie
Pull over Ice tents
« on: Nov 16, 2021, 01:29 PM »
Every once in awhile I get the itch to buy a new ice shack even though its completely a want not a need and I'm just wondering what peoples experience's have been with the pull over style shelters similar to the otter predator series. Since the shelter folds into the sleigh I'm curious   about how my auger will be riding on top and how much room will there be left over for gear.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Pull over Ice tents
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2021, 10:06 AM »
 I really like fishing out of my frabill trekker II.  Insulated so heats easy and much easier than a tent to move spots, especially if hooked up to a snowmobile.   My auger sticks out the back of the toboggan with the extension on but the cover I got is big enough to stretch and seal everything up. 

The new otter shacks with side doors look like the way to go.

Offline Taladaga

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2021, 10:14 AM »
I have the Eskimo flip over (non insulated). Bought it last year, so far am satisfied with it.. I think most brands are decent. Only got this one cause it was on for an amazing blow out deal at PeaveyMart. Fits in the box of my truck perfect. Never tried to fit my auger along with all my other gear yet as I haven’t had it out early ice yet where a guy needs to walk on. Always been able to drive right to my spot so my auger just rides in my cab (electric). Pretty sure it would fit with all my other stuff too! I love the flip overs with the hard tub bottoms, can’t go wrong IMO.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2021, 10:42 AM »
Every once in awhile I get the itch to buy a new ice shack even though its completely a want not a need and I'm just wondering what peoples experience's have been with the pull over style shelters similar to the otter predator series. Since the shelter folds into the sleigh I'm curious   about how my auger will be riding on top and how much room will there be left over for gear.

Not familiar with the Otter Predator series...may be provide a link and/or dimensions ? As far as an auger on top it is doable if pulling by hand  ..better with an electric or cordless set up ..as for gas ..could be an issues should there be leaks  ..better in the sled with the cap up  ...two man can handle an auger in sled a bucket or three ..rod case/locker ..what comes into play is seating ..and if there is a cross bar for same . If the seats can be removed/moved it helps. But its best to carry the auger on your mode of transportation . You could always attach and extra Jet sled..doesn't weigh much and as long as you don't put heavy gear in it pulls easy   and its good to get the clutter out of your set up once you reach your destination.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline eyeflyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2021, 12:50 PM »
Picked up an Eskimo 2 person  flip over a few years ago. It has worked well, nice to fish out of and lots of room for two. Added a few rod holders

Offline slicktrick

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2021, 08:44 AM »

Thanks for the reply's I will keep an eye out for a deal on kijiji and give them a try

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.