Author Topic: Helix 9 portable bag  (Read 578 times)

Offline Pudsky

• IceShanty Rookie
Helix 9 portable bag
« on: Oct 15, 2021, 09:34 PM »
Over the summer I purchased a Humminbird shuttle for the 8/9/10 and a 19ah Amped Outdoors Lithium battery.  I am mostly ready to go for the winter season.  After the dock was pulled and little fishing boat removed, I removed my Helix9 and dropped it off at Canvas Craft in Otsego, MN to have them make me a canvas case for my Helix9 shuttle.  I do also have a Humminbird Ice Helix5 set up, and that bag does not fit the Helix9.  I told them what I would like and showed them a couple pictures and am letting them create whatever they think will fit and work the best.  I am looking forward to what they come up with. 

I was just going to keep that setup in a milk crate, because it fit perfect, but that does not offer much protection to blowing snow and precip, while traveling on the sled.  I do mostly walk when ice fishing, and pull my sled.  I set-up a hub, crack a beer and pretty much stay there for the day.  Occasionally I will move around, but usually leave the hub in one spot, and walk from there. 

I am looking forward to what they come up with!  I am surprised Humminbird does not have a little bigger bag for the 8/9/10.

Does anyone else have a custom ice setup for the Helix 8/9/10?  lets see them

Offline Icefishingute

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Helix 9 portable bag
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2021, 11:06 PM »
If Hummingbird ever actually releases their new line up of ice machines, the Helix units will come on a lithium shuttle that does not use the canvas cover anymore. The control head is protected by the silicone cover. I believe the battery sits in a compartment or small cloth cover. I don’t know if it will be better than the old bag covers, but the features on the G4 units will be better. I’m not sure I’m going to wait much longer to get one- they have postponed the shipping date 3 times now.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.