New Hampshire > Ice Fishing New Hampshire

Time to go battery

(1/14) > >>

bikrsrule:
I think I am about ready to bite the bullet on a  battery auger, I prefer a 10" and I tried a strikemaster last season a guy had. Just looking for opinions at the moment but leaning towards "Strikemaster"

Junkie4Ice:
Only 2 that make a 10" auger that I know of are strikemaster and Ion. The Ion G2 is top notch, but you pay for it. I like the strikemaster, just not quite as smooth or as efficient as the G2.

hardwater diehard:

--- Quote from: Junkie4Ice on Sep 07, 2021, 10:28 AM ---Only 2 that make a 10" auger that I know of are strikemaster and Ion. The Ion G2 is top notch, but you pay for it. I like the strikemaster, just not quite as smooth or as efficient as the G2.

--- End quote ---

Strikemaster = lazer /curvedblades ..which dont like dirty ice ...ION  = Mora/Shaver/flat blades little more forgiving in dirty ice . Research the replacement/spare a set of blades cost . For the most part you can hand sharpen at home Mora/Shaver/flat style blades ...with some skill set.

Hottuna5150:
I'm a fan of chipper blades myself (i'm hard on augers and get a little brave by shore) but I tried Salmonemia's ion at the end of last year and man that was a nice auger.

SALMONEMIA:
Mark make sure you check fish usa they take care of veterans well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version