Author Topic: 2019-20 Loughborough Laker  (Read 12330 times)

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
2019-20 Loughborough Laker
« on: Dec 19, 2019, 04:22 PM »
Hey Guys
Sorry Iam a bit late with this thread, my deer season lasted a little longer than expected so havent been in ice mode. The west end is skimming over almost up to the launch. Nothing picture worth yet but really cold this week so hopefully we start gaining ice.

Jon
@jzuliniak

Offline MarkM

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2019-20 Loughborough Laker
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2019, 06:12 PM »
Thanks for the update!  I was hoping you would start a new thread!

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2019, 03:32 PM »
-20 last night helped move things along. I wouldnt go out this weekend but might be ready soon if it doesnt warm up too much.
Jon

@jzuliniak

Offline MarkM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2019, 07:41 PM »
Supposed to warm up the next few days and fairly mild through Christmas.  Stay safe.

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2020, 10:48 AM »
Updated pic, warm weather and rain last week opened it up a bit, but seems to be ice covered again. Heard a report that someone ventured out before the warm weather but will take a few more cold nights before i would go out and check

@jzuliniak

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2020, 09:55 PM »
Have not ventured over to the lake myself this winter, 1.5 hr drive. I will give it a few days yet. At home building a few walleye baits and looking at marrying them into a tube and jig bait for the laker family. A bit of noise with some bling. I think I will give it a try.

Lindy has a Perch Talker & Wally Talker so now I have the Laker Taker...lol

May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2020, 10:49 AM »
I imagine this will kill the ice again 2 days of rain and +9

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 11, 2020, 06:48 AM »
I imagine this will kill the ice again 2 days of rain and +9
More than likely i will update on Monday
@jzuliniak

Offline MarkM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2020, 07:13 PM »
Colder weather in the days ahead boys! Thanks for the update JZ.

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2020, 06:34 AM »
Ice seemed to survive the rain but not by much. Opened up a bit more by the creek but everything else is snow covered. Lets hope we get a few cold nights to make some ice
@jzuliniak

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2020, 09:11 AM »
Last couple days i have seen people out there. I havent had a chance to check the ice myself.
Jon
@jzuliniak

Offline MarkM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2020, 02:19 PM »
I was reading on the Quinte forum that we can’t park along Loughborough Rd anymore? 

Has anyone confirmed this? 

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2020, 07:30 PM »
Not sure about the parking, have not been there yet this year. Plans have me there for Fri. or Sat.. I believe the parking issue might be blocking driveways and mailboxes. I had a caller tell me cars are being ticketed and towed, not sure if I believe that.

Offline MarkM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2020, 08:34 PM »
FF I read your comments on the Quinte site about the ramp as well.  If it is infact off limits to the public now then it’s just as easy to walk on from the roadside. A little bit of a ditch and walking through the reeds but usually theirs a trail or two from people who have done the same.

I wonder if the road has no parking signs?  I can’t recall seeing any?

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 21, 2020, 09:14 PM »
Subject: Loughborough lake

Fry Flier wrote:
Well, this I do not understand, I have been going there for about 3 years now. I have many times while there talked with locals both on and off the ice and not one has said anything negative or grumpy about the using of the ramp or access from the road. In all fairness to the landowners, I would prefer to hear this from them before I make an assumption. Being that the ramp is being claimed as private I would be prepared to ask the owner for permission or pay a fee for usage as seen in other areas. Examples such as Wagars on Big Bay, the City of Belleville for George and Herchimer, Quinte W. private Glen Ross.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2020, 12:59 PM »
Mark, JZ this is from the CRCA and they have in fact told me that the ramp is Public, go to page 4 of the report and you will see it is a public ramp.

Offline MarkM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 22, 2020, 08:16 PM »
Nice work Fry Flier!  That guy was / is quite the a-hole for trying to pull something like that. I really like fishing there and always make sure I’m parked so as to not inconvenience the people who live there. And everyone else seems to be doing the same.

Thanks again for looking into this and calling out that loser.

Looking forward to getting out myself but not until we have some good ice.

Tight lines!

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 22, 2020, 09:40 PM »
No need to thank us , JZ put a lot of effort into this as well. He was the one that I started to bounce questions off of.

Offline newfisher9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 24, 2020, 09:59 PM »
Anyone been out the past couple days?

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 26, 2020, 11:27 AM »
well, 2 things here.....
1) Northener10, I apologize to you for any grief that may have come your way over this issue, I received a call from the party that you thought you were posting for on their and our best interest unfortunate that you got caught in the middle.

2) Loughborough Launch info from CRCA might be incorrect, City of Kingston and or the Registry office is likely where the answer is. This is a 1 1/2 hour drive for me and on certain hours which make it hard for me to follow up on. To my understanding near future events may see some changes in that area.

I am not chasing this farther at this time since I will rather be fishing, hopefully, this will get resolved and we can catch fish.

Offline JZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 27, 2020, 08:31 AM »
Anyone been out the past couple days?
yes when ever there isnt a day with a snow or ice storm like the last 3 weekends, there are lots of people out there, not seeing any reports so not sure how the fishing is going though. 
@jzuliniak

Offline medeiros

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 02, 2020, 04:09 PM »
Went out today. 2in white, 6 to 7in black ice. Easy walk from the public launch. Sleds and ATVs out with a few walkers like me. 80 FOW no marks in 5 hrs. Guys punching  lots of holes but didn't see anyone getting too excited. 

Offline The Trout Man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 28, 2020, 12:25 PM »
I've only been out once this year in mid-January on sketchy ice and marked quite a few fish in 100+ FOW. I was thinking of going this weekend. Anyone knows how the ice condition is near Davidson beaches?

Offline Bigbassmon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 29, 2020, 05:54 AM »
Sorry for the late reply..good 12" out there. A little slick from wind blowing snow off..but solid. Been fishing the area a little east of there..finding them just off 60-70ft breaks. Suspended down 50-60ft over 100FOW. Trick is finding the bait. Good Luck. Good weekend for it

Offline The Trout Man

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Mar 02, 2020, 09:25 AM »
Thank you Bigbassmon for the info.
I ended up going and found a few suspended and bait. I showed up a little late and only had action from 12-3 and two got unhook mid way.

At least there is plenty of ice (about 14 inches at Davidson beaches) to take my revenge!

Offline hardwaternewbie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 05, 2021, 07:42 AM »
Has anyone been out around Loughborough for the ice thinkness?  I heard there was some issue with parking on the lower road and it was blocked off?  Can anyone confirm?  If you can, which side of the road does the owner live?  This boat launch falls within the City of Kingston and is part of their annual  Waterfront Master Plan for funding.  The launch at Loughborough is part of it.  Is the city even refers to it as snowmobile and winter fishing access, then how can it be private.  Just need the owner address not name as I am doing a search of all planning in that area and title holders.

Thanks

Offline sig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 06, 2021, 09:33 AM »
I took a drive out to the west basin on Loughborough Lake today.  I seems to be all fenced off where we used to park and launch. Not sure if we can still park to get on the ice, lots of no parking/private property signs around.  I would like to know what is happening as to access to the ice.    As to the ice...NONE all clear open water.
[img width=218 height=80]http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/431-s

Offline hardwaternewbie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 06, 2021, 10:54 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I was planning some roads trips to go fishing but it looks like I will have to put them on hold until good ice.  As per my previous, the below link is for the Kingston Waterfront Master Plan.  As the Loughborough lake access falls within the city, they report it in their Master Plan.

I do not think the city of Kingston would spend approx 200K on a location they indicate as winter fishing access and snowmobile access if it belongs to a private citizen if they are going to block it off.

I am waiting for a call back from the City of Kingston Superintendant for City Property.  Once I have a firm answer(and also requested formal paperwork if it is owned by the city) I will post again and also, if I receive formal correspondence from the city, I will scan and post here for everyone's info(in the event you are threatened with Trespassing and perhaps being arrested or for if the police are called.

Within the report, it lists this:

2.17 Loughborough Lake Boat Launch (winter fishing access+ snowmobile access) $175,000 - Construction $18,000 - Contingency $23,000 - Design
Costs $193,000 -Total(Rounded)

https://www.cityofkingston.ca/documents/10180/13926536/Project_WFMPFinal_AppendixD_CostAssumptions.pdf

Offline sig

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 06, 2021, 11:19 AM »
Tks good info. keep it up we appreciate your efforts.
[img width=218 height=80]http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/431-s

Offline newfisher9

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 06, 2021, 12:15 PM »
Thanks for the info guys

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.