Ohio > Ice Fishing Ohio

Who is starting to get excited!!

(1/1)

buck05:
I know it’s early. Still in deer hunting mode but gotta love the way the lake is cooling down this early.  I really think by Christmas there will be some ice in pretty close driving distance of us. (Mich. - New York-maybe simcoe. ). As soon as I get back from Wv deer hunting I will be getting my stuff out to check batteries and see if the auger will start. Good luck deer hunting hopefully ice season is right around the corner.   P.s. we have had a good start to our hunting season so far. I was really proud of my son this year his first time out west. Mark :tipup:

icebucketjohn:
Yep., starting to think aboutl the upcoming ice season.  I'll be hitting Portage Lakes (PLX/NE OHIO) for early ice, but then be focused on drilling holes on Mosquito and maybe a jaunt to Lake Erie too.  Can't wait.

hays47:
Icebucket John- How the heck are ya. This is papaperch from OGF I don't go on there anymore. Stopped by Mark's a couple times but no one there that I knew.

I been getting ready since September. Been selling some ice equipment out of garage just for something to do. Working on and refining tackle that I am going to use this year. Biggest project going to try my version of the No-Name lure beneath the ice. It tore them up in the open water. Had trouble keeping the largemouth bass off of them just like the originals.

PM me if you want my email addy. Maybe get together for Mosquito or Portage lake outing this yrear.

icebucketjohn:
Hey PP:

Nice to hear from ya. I saw you were thinning your ice fishing gear a tackle.(I was worried you were hanging up your cleats). But, Don't we all have way too much stuff. I have rods from 60's I just can't part with.... too many memories from my dad  brothers.

Yep, another ice season with memories to make & friends to share with.  Looking forward eventhough the ole bones are bothersome & aching these days.  Certainly would like to hit the ice with ya this season. Still determined to get my 1st 'Eye". 

It's only a couple of weeks away.  Contact me.

Icebucketjohn

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version