Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Shack Tips

Rob's Ice Shack build - Completed

<< < (2/6) > >>

UFCreel:
Cool!

AdverseCity:
Thanks to a suggestion on another thread here I found the perfect stove for my shack, now I just need to get one across the border. I decided I'll spend the money and get a proper camp stove, this one will be $522 US without customs charges but it comes with every possible option.

http://fourdog.com/two-dog-stove-dx/

mr.clean:
Good looking shanty nice work. If you have not purchased the stove in photo already check Cabelas website think they carry a similar stove with same options. I'm not sure if Cabelas has any Canadian stores if they do and not located far from one see if you save any money by having the stove shipped to a store for you to pick up. I know shipping costs get crazy when you start going from one country to another with large or heavy items.
Steve

AdverseCity:

--- Quote from: mr.clean on Oct 24, 2015, 05:16 AM ---Good looking shanty nice work. If you have not purchased the stove in photo already check Cabelas website think they carry a similar stove with same options. I'm not sure if Cabelas has any Canadian stores if they do and not located far from one see if you save any money by having the stove shipped to a store for you to pick up. I know shipping costs get crazy when you start going from one country to another with large or heavy items.
Steve

--- End quote ---

Actually we just had a Cabela's store open here in Calgary and I'll be checking it out today some time. I did check out their stoves online but at 24" deep they're just a bit too big for my shack. Also to get it completely set up I wouldn't save much over the 2dog stove. This one is 11"x11"x18" deep so just the right size. I bit the bullet and ordered one yesterday, $463 US shipped (plus customs charges) for the stove, water tank, shelf, stove pipe and damper. I'll let everyone know what I think when I receive it but I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with it.

da man cave shack:
I think you made a great choice on the stove. Should keep you nice and toasty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version