Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Eelpout

Burbot in NY

<< < (2/7) > >>

fishingking:
Do guys actually catch them in Onieda I know they bite best through the ice but never really heard of anyone targeting them on Onieda

billybono:

--- Quote from: fishingking on Jan 19, 2006, 09:18 PM ---Do guys actually catch them in Onieda I know they bite best through the ice but never really heard of anyone targeting them on Onieda

--- End quote ---

iv e never heard of anyone targeting em....but ive seen the ice littered with em

billybono

bwalleye:
Yes, on Oneida, really.

billybono:

--- Quote from: Big Dawg on Jan 19, 2006, 06:15 PM ---Gambell, here in NH, cusk is a major gamefish in the winter. many people use white or glowhead bucktails with a peice of cut sucker to sweeten the jig up. what ive had great luck with this year is a size 3 glow in the dark swedish pimple. also tipped with a little peice of sucker. hope this helps!

-Dave

ps, at night is the best time for them!

--- End quote ---
whenever ive caught em.....its always at the end of the day, picking up tip ups.....there is a sleeping ling who swallowed the bait

billybono

kwiky364:
ive never even herd of them ???.  would like to catch one.  can thay be eatin ???.  are thay like a bowfin ???.  cought one of them and tried to clean it.  when i cut into it all the meat mushed out like jello :sick:.  what depths do thay hang out at.  would appreciate any info on them. :tipup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version