New Jersey > Ice Fishing New Jersey

HOPATCONG on 12/17

<< < (3/5) > >>

RJP:

IB:

The state park is not too far north of route 80.  If you go to the New Jersey DEP website and look at the state park section you can get directions.  I forget what exit it is, but once you get off route 80, you pretty much just follow the signs.  When you hit the light at the intersection where the lake is right in front of you, go to the left and the park entrance is will be right up the road on your right.

I don't know if the ice is safe yet, hopefully someone will post a report.

bayonne:
the exit off rt 80 is ledgewood rt 10 and with this cold weather safe ice wont be a problem just dont go by the dam area and you shuld be ok i might hit the lake sunday i have work saturday if not this week next for sure good luck to you guys and the state park doesnt open till 800 am yull miss the first light bite

Icephishnphreek:
The storm coming in tonight is starting as snow then changing over to sleet/freezing rain then into rain and being in the 40* range for Friday. Then in the lower 30* range for Sat/Sun. Do you think this will kill the fishable ice?

iceman_4432:
I dont think its going to effect the ice too much.  ITs going to snow then change to sleet ... by the time some rain mixes in it should be all but over in the northern areas .. plus its colder there to begin with.  Also, there is some snow cover and this does wonders to absorb that nasty rain.

Once this moves through its going to get cold again with arctic air moving in and looking clear for at least the next week. 

Just be careful .... check the thickness and watch for other people out.  This early in the year its anyones guess as to the thickness.  Better safe than sorry  :tipup:

Ill be at hopatcong Sunday... hopefully icefishing :D ... good luck to all.

Sub Zero:
You guys are CRAZY!!!  But maybe I'll take a ride up there and just maybe I'll have some fishing gear with me. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version