Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

mr heater filter no filter?????

(1/5) > >>

deringer:
ok so what is the general concensus on whether or not the heaters need a filter? you don't use a filter on  1lb bottle so whats the difference between that and a bigger bottle??

peter big bear 59:
1. The small bottle screw directly to the heater.
2. 5#, 10# and 20# bottles require a rubber hose to transport the propane from the bottle to the heater.
3. Most of the hoses for propane tend to leach an oil like residue that will gum up your heater, thus the requirement for the filter.

Peter.

deringer:
Good enough logic for me thanks

Walleyeslayer306:
I use a filter with my 20lb tank and big buddy just in case....i've heard that if you don't they can be a b**** to start!

AngusMacHuge:
I'll admit to being guilty of not using a filter with my buddy heater, which I run off a 5lb tank and rubber hose. It's a bit of a crank to start after first hooking up, but it's been that way since day one unless it's one of the few occasions that I run it off a 1lb bottle. The reading I've done suggests it takes time to bleed the air out of the hose on the first start, subsequent starts are no problem. I'm sure it's better to use a filter, but into my 4th season of fairly regular use without and no problems yet. Another tip is to shut the valve off at the tank to run it dry at the end of the day instead of shutting the heater itself off and disconnecting, as it supposedly leaves less "residue" in the system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version