New Jersey > Ice Fishing New Jersey

Newark Watershed Reservoirs

<< < (2/4) > >>

TONYR:
I get the permit each year. Nice place to fish, never crowded, and each lake has it's HI's and LO's. Canistere has walleye although they are hard to come by as well as smallies and perch. The drawdowns in past years have closed the lakes in the mid-season when it gets real dry. Parking can be a bust if you don't get there early because of the limited access. Because of liability they don't allow ice fishing which makes no sense, they have to have it for the open water crowd. It's also sunup to sundown, no night fishing.

metaliczombi:
I have a question about calling the office for reservations, do you guys do it everytime you want to fish them from a boat?  Last year I fished one of them on average once a week and calling got to be a real pain, even though it only takes a minute.  I just am interested if they do anything to verify your permit number on the car sticker to see if you called.

DR.TROUT:
Are you allowed to fish thew pequanke, the river that runs out of clinton of you buy a permit???

Pike Popper:
Are you sure thats the Pequannock that runs out of Clinton Reservoir? Anyways, your not allowed to fish it. If you are thinking about it, you have to be sneaky. Ive fished it before and parked all the way up on that hill between the road and the reservoir. You actually are not allowed to park on the side of the road at that part, even if you have the hiking permit. Where Ill fish sometimes is right below the bridge on Clinton Road. Its good fishing but its a b***h to get to, and its only accesible from the left side. I wouldnt recommend trying it, cause I don't know what will happen if you get caught. I fish a lot of places I'm not suppose to.......and will continue till I get caught.  ::) All I know is that Mike got chased out of there one day.......by a bear....haha Mike went running for his life  :D Its weird, cause its all posted no tresspassing in that particular area, but you can fish the other brooks and streams along Clinton Road.  ???

MikeThePike:
I don't owe a boat but I highly doubt there would go through the trouble of making sure you called ahead before launching each and every time. I've only been checked by one guy at the 3 of them I've fished and he noticed the permit decal on my car window and didn't even bother to see actual permit.

Pike, being chased out by that bear was worth it because I caught the most beautiful native rainbow I'd ever seen. I didn't even want to touch it in fear I may mess up a few scales on such a perfect looking fish. Defiantly no comparision to them stockies. The bear didn't scare me a lot since it was just a cub but what scared me is that if the cub is around the mother couldn't have been too far away and the last thing I want is a 500lb bear to think I'm pi$$ing off its offspring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version